GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL inStRuctionS
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating. Failure to follow all instructions listed below
may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
SAfEty guiDELinES / DEfinitionS
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not
avoided, may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION.
When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always
be followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools
or equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which
tools and equipment are designed. Manufacturer strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified
and/or used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings
and operating instructions before using any tool or equipment.
imPoRtAnt SAfEty inStRuctionS
Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all instructions listed below
mayresult in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
Avoid dangerous environments.
Don't use appliances in damp or wet locations. Don't use appliances
Store idle appliances indoors.
When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in dry, and high
or locked-up place – out of reach of children.
Don't abuse cord.
Never carry appliance by cord or yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep cord
from heat, oil, and sharp edges. Pull cord by plug rather than cord when unplugging the unit.
Disconnect the appliance from the power supply when not in use, before
servicing, and when changing accessories.
Avoid unintentional starting.
Be sure switch is off when plugging in.
Use of accessories and attachments.
The use of any accessory or attachment not recommended
for use with this appliance could be hazardous.
Check damaged parts.
Before further use of the appliance, a guard or other part that is damaged
should be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function.
Check for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any
other conditions that may affect its operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should be properly
repaired or replaced by the manufacturer unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this instruction manual.
Have defective switches replaced by the manufacturer. Do not use appliance if switch does not turn it on
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock:
when dry. Never allow the unit to be immersed in water or other liquid. This will void the warranty.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire:
• Do not operate near flammable liquids or in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Sparks might ignite
• Manually turn the unit off after each use. This unit does not automatically turn on and off.
• Do not operate unattended for extended periods of time.
• Allow airflow around fan area — blocking airflow will slow cooling or heating.
• To reduce the risk of damage to the DC plug and cord, pull by DC plug rather than cord when
• Check unit periodically for wear and tear. Return to manufacturer for replacement of worn or defective
• This unit is intended for use with a 12 volt DC power source that can provide at least 5 amps of current.
DO NOT attempt to use with any other power source.
Refer to the accessory section of this manual for
Do not allow this unit to become wet. Operate only
• NEVER operate unit in an enclosed space. ALWAYS ensure that there is adequate ventilation and free flow
of air around the unit, so that air expelled by the fan is effectively dissipated.
• When operating the unit in a vehicle or boat cabin, adequate ventilation must be provided by an air
conditioning system or open window. In a car with windows up, air temperatures can reach 150°F (65°C).
• This unit is intended for portable use only; it is not designed to be built-in or recessed — this would
interfere with the unit's air dissipation system, and could cause a fire or other safety hazard.
• Use only with the supplied power cord. If the cord becomes worn or damaged, discontinue use and call
the Customer Service department at 1-877-571-2391.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury:
• Metal plug tip may become HOT after extended use. Handle with extreme care.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury or fire:
Follow these instructions and review cautionary markings on this product.
WARNING: This unit is designed to be used ONLY on vehicles with a 12 volt DC battery system.
Do not connect to a 6 volt or 24 volt battery system.
WARNING: NEVER connect this product to a positive grounded vehicle.
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of injury or property damage:
• THIS UNIT IS NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN AND SHOULD ONLY BE OPERATED BY ADULTS.
• Keep small children from opening unit when warming.The interior of this unit gets quite hot in warming
• When operating from a vehicle battery, make sure you start your engine after 3-4 hour of operation to
recharge the vehicle battery.
• Do not overstuff cooling/heating chamber. Airflow between food containers keeps temperature more even.
• Do not use this unit for medical use. It is not approved for medical applications.
• Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise subject to damage
Read This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
SAvE thESE inStRuctionS
THIS MANUAL CONTAINS IMPORTANT SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE BLACK &
TRAVEL COOLER AND WARMER MODEL TC212B.
Thank you for choosing the Black & Decker
Travel Cooler & Warmer, one of the most advanced, state-
of-the-art units on the market today. Please read this manual carefully before use to ensure optimum
performance and avoid damage to the unit itself or power sources from which it operates.
The Black & Decker
Travel Cooler & Warmer is compact, lightweight, and portable. It provides
convenient storage for cold or hot beverages and foods, making conventional insulation-only coolers,
thermal bottles and jars and insulated chests obsolete.
For extended use:
Plug the Black & Decker
Travel Cooler & Warmer into vehicle's 12 volt DC accessory outlet to keep food
and drinks cold or warm. No more digging around in melting ice and water for soggy foods and dripping
drinks. No need for ice, dry ice, or cold/hot packs. Ideal for use in a:
• Truck or SUV
• RV, mobile home, camper
• At the beach, on picnics, at the campground — use with battery power.
Take the Black & Decker
Travel Cooler & Warmer with you, wherever you go, to keep cold or hot food
and drinks at just the right temperature.
The Black & Decker
Travel Cooler & Warmer cools like a refrigerator and warms like an oven. For best
performance, plug in the unit approximately 2 hours before loading to give it time to warm up or cool
down. Always try to fill your unit with pre-chilled or pre-heated food or beverages, as the unit will always
perform at its best when you do this.
Generally, your unit will cool down to as much as 40°F (or 22.2°C) below the ambient temperature. To
ensure optimum performance, always keep the unit out of direct sunlight when using as a Cooler. To
8/10/2012 11:42:26 AM