• Reproduction, diversion or copying of any text, photo or image published in this site, in whole or in part, is prohibited. • In principle, Canon shall change or delete the contents of this site without prior notice to customers. In addition, Canon may suspend or stop the disclosure of this site due to unavoidable reasons. Canon shall not be liable for any damage suffered by customers as a result of changes in or deletion of information in this site, or suspension/stoppage of disclosure of this guide.
• In Mozilla Firefox 1. Select (Menu) > Print > Page Setup..2. Select the Print Background (colors & images) checkbox in Format & Options. • In Google Chrome 1. Select (Chrome Menu) > Print..2. Select the Background graphics checkbox in Options. For Mac OS: To print background colors and images, follow the steps below to display the Print dialog options, then select the Print backgrounds checkbox.
Using This Online Manual Symbols Used in This Document Touch-enabled Device Users (Windows) Symbols Used in This Document Warning Instructions that, if ignored, could result in death or serious personal injury caused by incorrect operation of the equipment. These must be observed for safe operation. Caution Instructions that, if ignored, could result in personal injury or material damage caused by incorrect operation of the equipment.
Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. • Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Canon Inc. Note • The formal name of Windows Vista is Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
1. Definitions. "License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document. "Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. 9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License.
Enter keywords in the search window and click (Search). You can search for target pages in this guide. Entry example: "(your product's model name) load paper" Search Tips You can search for target pages by entering keywords in the search window. Important •...
Note • The displayed screen varies depending on your product. • Searching for Application Functions Enter your application's name and a keyword for the function you want to learn about Example: When you want to learn how to print collages with My Image Garden Enter "My Image Garden collage"...
• To display recommended items in Image Display or to edit/print selected items, you need to download My Image Garden. You can download My Image Garden from the Canon website. Internet connection is required for downloading. Internet connection fees apply.
What You Can Do with Quick Menu Quick Menu consists of Shortcut Menu, which allows you to start the functions you want to use with one click, and Image Display, which plays recommended items and others in slide shows. Quick Menu Screens (1) Shortcut Menu (2) Image Display (1) Shortcut Menu...
Starting Applications from Quick Menu In Quick Menu, you can start applications, open manuals, or access the Canon website, from the Shortcut Menu or Main Menu. Starting from Shortcut Menu Starting from Main Menu Starting from Shortcut Menu Click a function icon saved to the Icon Bar to start an application, etc.
The Main Menu appears. 2. Click the function icon you want to use. The application starts or manual opens. Access to the Canon website starts depending on the function icon you clicked. Note • When the function you want to use is not displayed, click (Back/Next) to display the hidden icons.
Shortcut Menu Operations Add frequently used function icons and useful function icons from the Main Menu to the Shortcut Menu to start the functions with one click. You can delete or rearrange function icons as needed. Adding Function Icons to Shortcut Menu Deleting Function Icons from Shortcut Menu Rearranging the Function Icons Adding Function Icons to Shortcut Menu...
The function icon is added to the Shortcut Menu. Note • You can save up to eight function icons to each side of the Shortcut Menu. • Alternatively, in the Main Menu, control-click the function icon you want to add, then select Add to Shortcut Menu from the displayed menu to add it.
Note • Alternatively, control-click the function icon you want to delete, then select Delete from Shortcut Menu from the displayed menu to delete it. • You cannot delete (Open Main Menu). Rearranging the Function Icons 1. Drag a function icon in the Shortcut Menu and drop it to the target place. The function icon is moved to the dropped place.
(1) Icon Bar Icons of saved functions are displayed. Point to a function icon to display the function description. Click a function icon to start the application or open the manual, or access the Canon website. (2) Open Main Menu Icon Click (Open Main Menu) to display the Main Menu.
In addition, control-click a function icon to display a menu containing the following commands. Start Starts the selected application, opens the selected manual, or accesses the Canon website. Add to Shortcut Menu Adds the selected function to the Shortcut Menu.
(3) Model Name Area The printer/scanner model name registered in the Preferences dialog is displayed. The model name display format varies depending on the registered printer/scanner. Click to display the Preferences dialog. (4) Button Area (Preferences Dialog) Displays the Preferences dialog.
Image Display Items created automatically by the item recommendation function of My Image Garden, or images saved on the computer are displayed in a slide show. (1) Slide Show Area (2) Button Area (1) Slide Show Area Click the Slide Show area to start My Image Garden. (2) Button Area (Recommendation Item List)
Transition Effect Set the transition effect to apply when switching from one item or image to another in slide shows. Fade Items and images gradually appear. Slide in Items and images slide in from one side. Zoom Items and images are zoomed in as they are displayed. Move Items and images move randomly as they are displayed.
Select the Create recommendations checkbox to automatically create items such as collages and calendars using information and images registered on My Image Garden. Note • When Display Image Display at startup is off and Create recommendations is on, Image Display starts once every seven days. Delete All Deletes all items that have been created by the item recommendation function so far.
Recommendation Item List Displays a list of items that have been created by the item recommendation function so far. The items are sorted by year, with the date of the latest image in the item regarded as the event date. To display the Recommendation Item List, click (Recommendation Item List) of Image Display.
(3) Button Area (Back to Image Display) Returns to the Image Display screen. (Delete mode) Switches to a screen for deleting items. Click (Delete) on an item to delete it. Note • You can return to Recommendation Item List by one of the following operations. •...
• Click the printer/scanner model name displayed in the Registered Model Name area in the Main Menu. • Click Preference... from the Canon Quick Menu. Note • The information set in the Preferences dialog may be sent to Canon when accessing a website, etc. via Quick Menu. Select Model Printer Displays the printer model name.
(Notices) in the Main Menu. Click the icon to display a notice screen in which you can check the update information. Important • In order to use this function, the following information will be sent to Canon: your product name, OS information, regional information, language information, and information that you have agreed to receive information periodically.
Troubleshooting Printer/Scanner Does Not Appear in the List Printers and scanners do not appear in the Select Model list of the Preferences dialog in the following cases. • A Quick Menu compatible printer/scanner driver is not installed on your computer. •...
How to Check the Version - Quick Menu - You can check the version of Quick Menu by following the steps below. 1. Start Quick Menu. 2. Control-click (Canon Quick Menu) in the Dock. 3. Click About in the displayed menu. The version information appears.