Filter cleaning function helps to:
• Clean the filters automatically on a
• Avoid airflow blockage caused by
• Prevent growth of mold inside the
• Improve heating/cooling effect that
saves energy consumption.
● When the ﬁ rst air conditioner operation is initialized,
ﬁ lter cleaning will run one cycle automatically.
INTRO TO FILTER CLEANING
Filter Cleaning Device
• By default, filter cleaning will run automatically once the unit is turned off if the air
- Operates continuously for at least 2 hours and above, and
- Accumulative operation time is at least 2 hours and above.
• The filter surface is divided into rows. Each cleaning cycle will clean one row at a time.
The numbers of rows to be cleaned will be based on the air conditioner's accumulative
operation time and model purchased. The following table is an example for model 1.5 HP.
Accumulative operation time
(<: less than)
< 2 hours
2 hours and < 6 hours
6 hours and < 9 hours
9 hours and < 12 hours
12 hours and < 15 hours
15 hours and < 18 hours
18 hours and < 21 hours
21 hours and < 24 hours
• The number of cleaning cycle depends on the fan speed setting as well. The table above is
an example when the fan speed setting is HI. The number of cleaning cycle will be lesser if
the fan speed setting is lower.
• You can also set the filter cleaning manually. For details, see Timer Filter Cleaning and
Manual Filter Cleaning in the following pages.
► This is a normal operation to make sure the ﬁ lter cleaning device is able
to move smoothly.
► Filter cleaning will not be terminated by pressing any of the remote
control buttons. Filter cleaning will stop by itself after operates for one
Number of cleaning cycle
(1 cycle: < 4 minutes)