GENERATOR INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE 3ZZ9990181 カナダ...
For the components listed under PARTS COVERED, the Makita Factory Service Center or Service Center authorized by MAKITA will, at no cost to you, make the necessary diagnosis, repair, or replacement necessary to ensure that the engine complies with applicable U.S. EPA regulations.
As the engine owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance listed in your owner's manual. MAKITA recommends that you retain all receipts covering maintenance on your engine, but MAKITA cannot deny warranty solely for the lack of receipts or for your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance.
FACTORY SERVICE CENTERS IN CANADA BRITISH COLUMBIA ONTARIO RICHMOND LONDON (Vancouver Regional Office) 317 Adelaide Street S., Unit 117, London, N5Z.3L3 11771 Hammersmith Way, Richmond, V7A.5H6 Tel. 1.800.571.0899 or 519.686.3115 Tel. 1.800.663.0909 or 604.272.3104 Fax.519.686.4347 Fax.604.272.5416 MISSISSAUGA COQUITLAM 6350 Tomken Road, Unit 8 Mississauga, L5T.1Y3 Unit 103.
FOREWORD Thank you for purchasing a Makita generator. This manual covers operation and maintenance of the Makita generators. All information in this publication is based on the latest production information available at the time of approval for printing. Pay special attention to statements preceded by the following words:...
1. SAFETY PRECAUTIONS Please make sure you review each precaution carefully. WARNING Do not operate the generator near gasoline or gaseous fuel because of the potential danger of explosion or fire. Do not fill the fuel tank with fuel while the engine is running. Do not smoke or use open flame near the fuel tank.
WARNING Do not operate in rain, in wet or damp conditions, or with wet hands. The operator may suffer severe electric shock if the generator is wet due to rain or snow. WARNING If wet, wipe and dry it well before starting. Do not pour water directly over the generator, nor wash it with water.
2. SPECIFICATIONS Model G12000R Type Brush, Self-exciting, 2-pole, Single-phase Rated frequency Rated voltage 120V / 240V Maximum output 12000 W Rated output 9500 VA Power factor Voltage regulator A.V.R type Model EH65D Type Twin cylinder, Air-cooled, 4-stroke, Overhead valve engine Displacement 653 cm Fuel...
3. COMPONENTS FUEL TANK TANK CAP AIR CLEANER CONTROL PANEL COOLING AIR INLET PORT FUEL COCK BATTERY OIL FILLER CAP OIL FILTER SPARK PLUG CAP MUFFLER CONNECTOR FOR REMOTE SPARK PLUG CONTROL OIL GAUGE ELECTRIC STARTER OIL DRAIN PLUG − 4−...
CONTROL PANEL AC CIRCUIT PILOT LAMP KEY SWITCH BREAKER VOLTMETER HOUR METER IDLE CONTROL SWITCH OIL PRESSURE WARNING LAMP AC RECEPTACLE EARTH (GROUND) TERMINAL CONNECTOR AC CIRCUIT BREAKER FOR REMOTE CONTROL − 5−...
4. PRE-OPERATION CHECK CHECK ENGINE OIL OIL GAUGE Before checking or refilling oil, be sure generator is located on stable and level surface with engine stopped. UPPER LEVEL 1) Remove oil level gauge and check the engine oil level. 2) If oil level is below the lower level "L" refill with suitable oil (see table) to upper level "F"...
CHECK ENGINE FUEL WARNING Do not refuel while smoking or near open flame or other such potential fire hazards. Otherwise fire accident may occur. 1) Check fuel level at fuel level gauge. Tank cap 2) If fuel level is low, refill with automotive Fuel gauge Fuel filter screen unleaded gasoline only.
WARNING Make sure you review each warning in order to prevent fire hazard. Do not refill tank while engine is running or hot. ■ Close fuel cock before refueling with fuel. ■ Be careful not to admit dust, dirt, water or other foreign objects into ■...
［ CAUTION ］ Should the connection be made in incorrect manner, the engine will be broken. ① RED CABEL ③ ④ ② LESS THAN ① Butterfly nut ┓ 205 mm ② Long bolt ┣ Accessory ③ Supporting arm ┛ parts ④...
CHECK COMPONENT PARTS Check following items before starting engine: Fuel leakage from fuel hose, etc. ■ Bolts and nuts for looseness. ■ Components for damage or breakage. ■ Generator not resting on or against any adjacent wiring. ■ CHECK GENERATOR SURROUNDINGS WARNING Make sure you review each warning in order to prevent fire hazard.
5. OPERATING PROCEDURES STARTING ［ CAUTION ］ Check the oil level before each operations. (See page 6) ■ Perform the specified Daily Inspection to see if it is in normal condition. ■ (1) Make sure that the AC circuit breaker is off.
USING ELECTRIC POWER WARNING Make sure that the appliance is switched OFF before connecting it to ■ the generator. Do not move the generator while it is running. ■ Be sure to ground the generator if the connected appliance is ■...
AC circuit breaker turns off during operation, the generator is over loaded or the appliance is defective. Stop the generator immediately, check the appliance and / or generator for overloading or detect and have repaired as necessary by Makita factory or authorized service center. − 13−...
［ CAUTION ］ The duplex 120V receptacle is protected by a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter). GFCI shuts off the output current from the duplex 120V receptacle when a ground fault occurs in the generator or the appliance. Please note that other receptacles are not protected by GFCI. GFCI RECEPTACLE After starting the engine, check the GFCI for proper functioning by the following test procedure.
Failure in connection may result in death, personal injury, damage to generator, damage to appliances, damage to the building's wiring or fire. (a) When connecting a Makita generator to a house wiring, generator output power must be taken from the 240V-4P receptacle.
Utility high line House circuit breaker Meter box X W Y 120V appliance 240V appliance 120V appliance Transfer switch X W Y Generator Generator ( W ) ( W ) ( X ) ( Y ) ( Y ) ( X ) ( G ) ( G ) 240V...
IDLE CONTROL IDLE CONTROL automatically reduces engine speed when load is OFF, and automatically increases engine speed to rated r.p.m. when load is ON. IDLE CONTROL provides fuel economy and low noise operation at no-load running. (1) HOW TO USE IDLE CONTROL Start the engine with IDLE CONTROL ■...
STOPPING (1) Turn off the power switch of the electric equipment. (2) Turn the AC circuit breaker to off. (3) Unplug the cord from receptacle of the generator. (4) Allow the engine to run at no-load for about 3 minutes to cool down before STOP S T O P stopping.
6. WATTAGE INFORMATION Some appliances need a "surge" of energy when starting. This means that the amount of electrical power needed to start the appliance may exceed the amount needed to maintain its use. Electrical appliances and tools normally come with a label indicating voltage, cycles/Hz, amperage (amps) and electrical power needed to run the appliance or tool.
To determine the total wattage required to run a particular electrical appliance or tool, multiply the voltage figure of the appliance/tool by the amperage (amps) figure of same. The voltage and amperage (amps) information can be found on a name plate which is normally attached to electrical appliances and tools. Applicable Wattage (W) Applications G12000R...
7. SPARK ARRESTER SPARK ARRESTER In a dry or wooded area, it is recommendable to use the product with a spark arrester. Some areas require the use of a spark arrester. Please check your local laws and regulations before operating your product. The spark arrester must be cleaned regularly to keep it functioning as designed.
8. MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE, REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF THE EMISSION CONTROL DEVICES AND SYSTEMS MAY BE PERFORMED BY ANY NONROAD ENGINE REPAIR ESTABLISHMENT OR INDIVIDUAL. DAILY INSPECTION Before running the generator, check the following service items: Safe surroundings Leakage of gasoline and engine oil Clean air cleaner element Enough gasoline Excessive vibration,noise...
*Note 2 : As to the procedures for these items, please refer to the SERVICE MANUAL or consult your nearest Makita service dealer. *Note 3 : More frequent oil changing, oil filter replacement and air cleaner service on replacement may be necessary depending on operating conditions.
9. "HOW-TO" MAINTENANCE ENGINE OIL CHANGE OIL DRAIN PLUG Initial oil change ■ (ON BOTH SIDE) ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ After 20 hours of operation Thereafter ■ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ Every 100 hours of operation 1. When changing oil, stop the engine and loosen the drain plug.
SERVICING AIR CLEANER Knob Air cleaner cover A dirty air cleaner element will cause starting difficulty, power loss, engine malfunctions, and shorten engine life extremely. Always keep the air cleaner element clean. Replaced the air cleaner element set more often in dusty environments. The air cleaner paper inner element and urethane foam outer element can be removed after removing knob and air...
(d) Clean the electrodes if they are dirty. Spark plug Adjust the clearance to 0.7-0.8 mm. NGK BPR5ES (CHAMPION RN11YC) Replace it with a new one if the abrasion has developed to the degree where a flat surface cannot be obtained on its projection.
CHECKING CARBON BRUSH BRUSH If the brush become excessively worn, its HOLDER contact pressure with the slip ring changes and causes a roughened surface on the slip ring, resulting in irregular generator performance. 15 to 5 mm Check the brush every 500 hours or if BRUSH generator performance is irregular.
10. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE The following procedures should be followed prior to storage of your generator for a period of 6 months or longer. Drain fuel from fuel tank and strainer ■ SCREW for DRAIN (cup) carefully by disconnecting the fuel line.