Your washing machine is equipped with various automatic safety functions. These enable faults to be
detected in good time and the safety system can react appropriately. These faults are frequently so minor
that they can be removed within a few minutes.
Appliance does not start,
no indicators are on
Appliance does not start
has been pressed
Appliance stops during the
programme, and the
contains residues from
detergent and/or additives
Appliance vibrates during
Final spin results are poor
"Unbalance during spinning"
The "Spin/Drain" indicator
in the programme flow bar
blinks, or the spin speed on
the display blinks, or the spin
speed indicator blinks after
the end of the programme
(depending on the model).
The laundry is still very wet.
The washing machine is at a
standstill for several minutes
in the middle of a running
programme; the wash
programme seems not to
• Plug is not properly inserted in socket.
• Socket or fuse does not function correctly (use a table lamp or similar
appliance to test it).
• Door is not properly closed.
• The "Child lock/Lock buttons" feature has been activated (if available
on your model). To unlock the buttons, push the two buttons marked
with the key symbol simultaneously and hold them at least for 3 seconds.
The key symbol on the display disappears and the programme can be
• "Rinse hold" is activated. Press "Start(Pause)" to spin the laundry. For
draining the water without spinning, select "Drain" programme (if avail-
able) or press the "Reset/Drain" button for at least 3 seconds.
• Programme has been changed - reselect desired programme and press
• Programme has been interrupted and eventually door has been opened
- close door and restart programme by pressing "Start(Pause)".
• The appliance's safety system has been activated (see "Failure indicators"
in your programme chart).
• Water tap is not opened or water inlet hose is kinked or blocked ("Water
tap closed" indicator blinks).
• Water entering is not enough; the mesh filters of the water supply could
be blocked (see "Care And Maintenance").
• Transport bolts have not been removed; before using the machine, it is
imperative that the transport bolts are removed.
• Appliance is not level / not standing firmly on all four feet (see separate
• Unbalance during spinning prevented spin phase to protect the washing
machine (see "Unbalance during spinning").
• Excessive foam formation prevented spinning; select and start "Rinse &
Spin" programme. Avoid excessive detergent dosing (see "Detergents
• "Spin" button has been set to a low spin speed.
Unbalance of the laundry load during spinning prevented the spin phase
to avoid damages on the washing machine. This is why the laundry is still
Reason for unbalance can be: small laundry loads (consisting of only few
quite big or absorbent items, e.g. towels), or big/heavy laundry items.
• If possible avoid small laundry loads.
• It is highly recommended that you add other laundry items of different
sizes when washing a big or heavy piece of laundry.
If you want to spin the wet laundry, add more laundry items of different
sizes, and subsequently select and start the "Rinse & Spin" programme.
Normal function of the washing machine used for optimizing the rinse phase.
One reason for such a pause can be that you might have used too much deter-
gent; the washing machine automatically interrupts the programme to have
the foam reduced. This standstill may be repeated several times until the
foam reduction is sufficient to continue the wash cycle. If the foam persists,
the red "Service" indicator will light up and the display shows "F18" or "Fod"
- refer to the instructions concerning the "Service" indication on the next
pages in this case.
Causes - Solutions - Tips