GAS COOKTOP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Important Notes to the Installer
1. Read all instructions contained in these installation
instructions before installing the cooktop.
2. Remove all packing material before connecting the
electrical supply to the cooktop.
3. Observe all governing codes and ordinances.
4. Be sure to leave these instructions with the consumer.
5. Note: For operation at 2000 ft. elevations above see
level, appliance rating shall be reduced by 4 percent
for each additional 1000 ft.
Important Note to the Consumer
Keep these instructions with your Use and Care Guide for
Depth Adjustment Filler Kit #903051-9010
This cooktop is designed to replace existing unit. If the
depth of your countertop opening is bigger than 7¼" (18.4
cm) and less than 8½" (21.6 cm) you can order a free filler
kit #903051-9010 by calling Service Center at 1-877-
Optional Items Available:
• A 9" (22.9cm) Stainless Steel Backsplash Kit
• A Black Knobs Kit #903049-9100
Those kits can be order through the Service Center at
1-877-4ELECTROLUX (1-877-435-3287). However all cost
related to those kits will be at customer charges.
Installation of this cooktop must conform with local codes
or, in the absence of local codes, with the National Fuel
Gas Code ANSI Z223.1/NFPA54—latest edition in the
United States, or in Canada, with the Canadian Fuel Gas
Code, CAN/CGA B149 and CAN/CGA B149.2.
• When installed in a manufactured (mobile) home
installation must conform with the Manufactured Home
Construction and Safety Standard, title 24 CFR, part
3280 [Formerly the Federal Standard for Mobile Home
Construction and Safety, title 24, HUD (part 280)] or,
when such standard is not applicable, the Standard for
Manufactured Home Installation, ANSI/NCSBCS A225.1
or with local codes where applicable.
(For 36" Models with 6 Sealed Burners)
This cooktop has been design certified by International
Approval Services (I.A.S). As with any appliance using
gas and generating heat, there are certain safety
precautions you should follow. You will find them in the
Use and Care Guide, read it carefully.
• Be sure your cooktop is installed and grounded
properly by a qualified installer or service
• This cooktop must be electrically grounded in
accordance with local codes or, in their absence,
with the National Electrical Code ANSI/NFPA No.
70—latest edition in the United States, or in
Canada, with the Canadian Electrical Code, CSA
C22.1 Part 1.
• The burners can be lit manually during an
electrical power outage. To light a burner, hold a
lit match to the burner head, then slowly turn the
Surface Control knob to LITE. Use caution when
lighting burners manually.
• Do not store items of interest to children in
cabinets above the cooktop. Children could be
seriously burned climbing on the cooktop to reach
• To eliminate the need to reach over the surface
burners, cabinet storage space above the burners
should be avoided.
• Adjust surface burner flame size so it does not
extend beyond the edge of the cooking utensil.
Excessive flame is hazardous.
• Never use your cooktop for warming or heating
the room. Prolonged use of the cooktop without
adequate ventilation can be hazardous.
• Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable
vapors and liquids near this or any other
appliance. Explosions or fires could result.
must be shut off while gas line connections are
being made. Failure to do so could result in serious
injury or death.
The electrical power to the cooktop