▶ Lift front cover panel upward and remove.
Remove the front cover
Remove combustion cover (service only)
▶ Open the four clips and remove the combustion cover.
Remove the combustion cover
General rules to follow for safe operation
• 1. You must follow these instructions when you install your heater. In
the United States: The installation must conform with local codes or,
in the absence of local codes, the National Fuel Gas Code ANSI
6720644956-11. 1 V
In Canada: The Installation must conform with CSA B149.(1,2)
INSTALLATION CODES and /or local installation codes.
• 2. Carefully plan where you install the heater. Correct combustion air
supply and vent pipe installation are very important. If not installed
correctly, fatal accidents can occur, such as carbon monoxide
poisoning or fire.
• 3. The water heater must be installed outdoors using the outdoor kit
and/or recess box accessory.
• 4. You must vent your heater so that the exhaust gases discharge to
• 5. The appliance and its gas connection must be leak tested before
placing the appliance in operation.
The appliance must be isolated from the gas supply piping system by
closing its individual manual gas shutoff valve (not supplied with
heater) during any pressure testing at pressures in excess of ½ Psig
• 6. Keep water heater area clear and free from combustibles and
flammable liquids. Do not locate the heater over any material which
• 7. Correct gas pressure is critical for the proper operation of this
heater. Gas piping must be sized to provide the required pressure at
the maximum output of the heater, while all the other gas appliances
are in operation. Check with your local gas supplier, and see the
section on connecting the gas supply. See chapter 8.1 (page 17).
• 8. Should overheating occur or the gas supply fail to shut off, turn off
the gas supply at the manual gas shut off valve, on the gas line. Note:
manual gas shutoff valve is not supplied with the heater but must be
• 9. Do not use this appliance if any part has been underwater.
Immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the
appliance and to replace any part of the control system and any gas
control which has been underwater.
• 10. Failure to install heater correctly may lead to unsafe operation
and void the warranty.
Appliance details | 9
6 720 644 956 (2016/05)