HOW TO USE
This appliance is intended for household use only.
• Remove all packing material, any stickers, and the plastic band around the power plug.
• Remove and save literature.
• Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your warranty.
• Wash all removable parts as instructed in CLEANING AND CARE. Place the
clean, dry waffle plates within the unit as instructed in OPERATING YOUR
BLACK+DECKER REMOVABLE PLATE WAFFLE MAKER.
• Select a location where this unit is to be used. This unit should be placed on a
stable, heat-resistant surface, free from cloth, liquids and any other flammable
materials and allow enough space around the waffle maker.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR
BLACK+DECKER REMOVABLE PLATE WAFFLE MAKER
• The waffle plates get very hot. When in use, always use the heat-resistant handle
to open and close the waffle maker. Do not lift the waffle maker lid by the plate
handles as you can burn yourself.
• During the first few minutes of use you may notice smoke and a slight odor. This is
caused by oil that may have been used during manufacturing of the unit and will
not impact the performance.
• Use a wooden or silicone spatula or tongs to remove the waffle once done. Do not
use metal utensils as they will scratch the nonstick surface.
• Do not overfill the waffle plates with batter. Use the recommended amount in the
BAKING WAFFLES section of this instruction booklet.
OPERATING YOUR BLACK+DECKER REMOVABLE
PLATE WAFFLE MAKER
INSERTING THE WAFFLE PLATES
1. Thoroughly wash the waffle plates with warm soapy water and dry with a soft
2. Open the waffle maker by pulling out the closing latch under the heat-resistant
handle. Then lift up by the heat-resistant handle.
3. Insert one waffle plate at a time.
Note: Each waffle plate is designed to fit in either the
upper or lower housing.
4. Locate the two holes at the back of the housing. Line
up the pegs on the waffle plate with the holes in the
housing. (A) Insert the pegs into the holes and gently
push on the face of the waffle plate to lock it in place.