Notes on using the camera
Functions built into this camera
• This camera is compatible with 1080 60p or 50p-format movies. Unlike standard
recording modes up to now, which record in an interlacing method, this camera
records using a progressive method. This increases the resolution, and provides a
smoother, more realistic image.
• This camera is compatible with 4K 30p/4K 25p/4K 24p recording. Movies can be
recorded in a higher resolution than HD format.
On use and care
Avoid rough handling, disassembling, modifying, physical shock, or impact such as
hammering, dropping, or stepping on the product. Be particularly careful of the lens.
Notes on recording/playback
• Before you start recording, make a trial recording to make sure that the camera is
• This camera is designed to be dust and moisture-resistant, but is not waterproof or
• Do not directly expose the lens to beams such as laser beams. That may damage
the image sensor and cause the camera to malfunction.
• Do not look at the sun or a strong light through a removed lens. This may cause
irrecoverable damage to your eyes. Or it may cause a malfunction of the lens.
• If moisture condensation occurs, remove it before using the camera.
• Do not shake or strike the camera. It may cause a malfunction and you may not be
able to record images. Furthermore, the recording media may become unusable or
image data may be damaged.
Do not use/store the camera in the following places
• In an extremely hot, cold or humid place
In places such as in a car parked in the sun, the camera body may become
deformed and this may cause a malfunction.
• Under direct sunlight or near a heater
The camera body may become discolored or deformed, and this may cause a
• In a location subject to shaking or vibration
• Near a location that generates strong radio waves, emits radiation or is strongly
In such locations, the camera may not properly record or play back images.
• In sandy or dusty places
Be careful not to let sand or dust get into the camera. This may cause the camera to
malfunction, and in some cases this malfunction cannot be repaired.
Be sure to attach the front lens cap when not using the camera.