3. DATA COMMUNICATIONS
You can transfer data between two CASIO SF-5580E,SF-5780E, or SF-5980E units, or between your
Digital Diary and a personal computer only. You cannot exchange data with any other CASIO Digital
Diary model. Data communications can be performed while in the Telephone Directory, Memo, Schedule
Keeper, Calender, To Do, Reminder, or Expense Manager Mode.
Setting Up for Data Communications
The following describes what you would do to set up for data communications between two Digital
Diary units or between a Digital Diary unit and a personal computer.
To connect to another Digital Diary unit
1. Make sure that the power of both units is turned off.
2. Remove the covers from the data communications jacks on the two Digital Diary units.
3. Connect the two units using the SB-62 cable.
• Be sure to replace the connector covers on the Digital Diary units when you are not perfoming data
Performing data communications between a Digital Diary unit and a personal computer
You must purchase an optional CASIO Data Communication Package in order to perform data com-
munication between your Digital Diary unit and a personal computer. Please note that there are a
number of different CASIO Data Communication packages to suit various computers and Digital Diary
types. Because of this, you should note the following important points when purchasing a Data Com-
munication Package. If you have any question about which package you need, consult with a expert.
• Make sure the Data Communication Package (FA-127) is designed for you with your particular
model of personal computer.
• For information on how to connect the Digital Diary to a personal computer, see the user's manual
that comes with the Data Communication Package (FA-127).
FA-127 is the Personal Computer Link (software and cable unit) for Windows.
— 9 —