The NEC TheaterSync (see Figure 1) is a high performance video signal processor intended as a
companion for plasma and projector displays. TheaterSync brings the power of Silicon Optix
("Hollywood Quality Video"
displays. Initially conceived in the military research labs of Lockheed Martin and then refined
and commercialized by Teranex and Silicon Optix, HQV video processing has been the
technology of choice of film and video professionals in broadcast and studio environments for
years. A breakthrough in cost reduction and packaging now enables this revolutionary
technology - previously found only in Professional Post Production, Film Editing and Broadcast
Studios – to be delivered to your home or business viewing environment.
As a video signal processor, TheaterSync receives the video signals generated by a wide variety
of consumer electronic and professional devices, switches between them, and applies HQV
signal processing to the selected signal (see Figure 2). The processed signal is then scaled to the
appropriate resolution and aspect ratio of the plasma panel, projector, or other display device.
HQV signal processing includes the following powerful features:
• State-of-the-art, motion-adaptive de-interlacing for both SDTV and HDTV
• Temporal Recursive Noise Reduction
• Codec Noise Reduction (includes mosquito noise reduction and block artifact removal)
• Detail Enhancement
• Fully-automatic detection and correction for multiple film/video cadences (3:2, 2:2, vari-
speed, 6:4, 8:7, etc.)
• Brightness-Contrast Enhancement
• Color Space Conversion and Color Temperature Adjustment
For more information on HQV technology, visit http://www.hqv.com.
) technology to viewers of plasma and projector
Figure 1: NEC TheaterSync Video Processor
technology for extreme off-axis keystone correction
TheaterSync Video Processor User Manual
NEC Solutions, Inc.