When using electrical appliances, basic
safety precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
Read all instructions.
Avoid contact with moving parts.
To protect against electric shock, do not place cord,
plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
Close supervision is necessary when any appliance
is used by or near children.
Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting
on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or is
dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the
appliance to the nearest authorized service center
for inspection, repair, or electrical or mechanical
Do not use outdoors.
Do not let cord touch hot surfaces, including the
stove, or hang over edge of table or counter where it
can be pulled on by children or tripped over
Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner,
or in a heated oven or in a microwave oven.
10. Do not use this appliance for any purpose other than
its intended use.
11. Do not submerge the motor unit in water or liquids,
to avoid possible electrical shock.
12. The use of attachments including canning jar not
recommended or sold by the manufacturer may
cause fire, electrical shock, or injury.
13. Place the blender on a dry, even surface.
14. To disconnect blender, press the OFF button to be
sure the unit is turned off. Then unplug by grasping
the plug and pulling out from the wall outlet. Never
unplug by pulling on the cord.
15. Always use your blender with the lid in place.
16. Do not remove the jar from the motor unit while the
unit is running.
17. BLADES ARE SHARP. HANDLE CAREFULLY.
18. Keep hands and utensils out of container while
blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to
persons or damage to the blender. A scraper may be
used but must be used only when the blender is not
19. Never leave blender unattended while it is running.
20. Before using the unit for the first time, wash the
blender jar, cutting assembly, locking ring, and lid.
21. Do not place boiling or hot liquids in the jar. Allow
liquids to cool before placing in the jar.
22. Do not place the unit near any hot surface, range or
electrical burners, or where it could touch any other
source of heat.
23. Add liquid ingredients to the jar first; then add dry
ingredients to get uniformly mixed.
24. When mixture is heavy or thick, blend for 10 seconds
and turn off the unit. Stir the mixture before
25. To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutter-
assembly blades on base without jar property
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Consumer Safety Information
THIS UNIT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider
than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this
plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug
does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug and
reinsert. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not modify the plug in any way.
Short cord Instructions: Your blender appliance is
equipped with a short power supply cord as a safety
precaution to prevent personal injury or property
damage resulting from pulling, tripping or becoming
entangled with a longer cord. Do not allow children to
use or be near this appliance without close adult
supervision. An extension cord is available and may be
used if care is exercised in its use. If an extension cord
is used, (1) the marked electrical rating of the cord set
or extension cord should be at least as great as the
electrical rating of the appliance, (2) the cord should be
arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop
or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or
tripped over unintentionally, (3) If the appliance is of
the grounded type, the extension cord should be a
grounding 3-wire cord.
Electrical Shock Hazard
Plug the unit into a properly grounded electrical outlet.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
fire, or electrical shock.