Enables this function on the machine if you want to reduce the operating noise, such as when printing at
Follow the procedure below to perform setting.
Make sure machine is turned on.
2. Flick HOME screen and tap
Using the Operation Panel
3. Tap Use quiet mode.
The confirmation screen is displayed and the
Activate this setting to reduce the operating noise while printing is in progress.
• Operating speed is reduced compared to when Do not use quiet mode is selected.
• This function may not be so effective depending on the machine's setting. Furthermore, certain noise,
such as when the machine is preparing for printing, is not reduced.
• You can set the quiet mode from the operation panel of the machine or the printer driver. No matter
how you set the quiet mode, the mode is applied when you perform operations from the operation panel
of the machine or printing and scanning from the computer.
• For Windows, you can set the quiet mode from ScanGear (scanner driver).
icon appears as the Quiet setting menu icon.