Available Connection Methods
The following connection methods are available on the machine.
• With a wireless router
• Without a wireless router
There are two methods for connecting the printer to your device (such as a smartphone). One method is
to connect using a wireless router, and the other method is to connect without using a wireless router.
The two connection methods cannot be used at the same time.
If you have a wireless router, we recommend you use the method described in Connection Using a
When connecting another device while a device is already connected to the printer, connect it using the
same connection method as the connected device.
If you connect using a different connection method, the connection to the device in use will be disabled.
• Connection Using a Wireless Router
◦ Connect the printer and a device using a wireless router.
◦ Connection methods vary depending on the wireless router type.
◦ You can change network settings such as the SSID and security protocol on the printer.