For Windows 98SE
Installing the SCB-1608-D driver
Windows 98 Second Edition users need to install the SCB-1608-D device
driver for the notebook or PC to recognize the new hardware installed. A
device driver is the software program that makes a device work on an
operating system (OS).
Follow these steps to install the SCB-1608-D driver:
1. Make sure all cable connections to the drive and the notebook or PC
are properly connected.
2. Boot notebook or PC.
3. Insert the bundled software CD in the CD drive of your notebook or
4. Turn on the External SCB-1608-D drive.
5. After boot-up, the OS will detect a
new hardware was found. Follow
the wizard to copy the driver files
to your system.
6. Windows 98SE
search for the best driver for the
device, select (Recommended)
7. Specify the location of the driver
.INF file , click on Browse.
ASUS SCB-1608-D User's Manual