• PLEASE READ all instructions before installing,
operating, or servicing the appliance.
• Proper installation procedures must be followed when
completing an installation or relocation of a unit. An
INSTALLATION GUIDE for the unit, providing complete
installation information, is available from U-Line
Corporation direct. Consult the installation guide before
any installation begins. U-Line contact information
appears on the rear cover of this guide.
• This unit requires connection to a dedicated 15 Amp
grounded (three-prong), polarized receptacle, installed by
a qualified electrician, compliant with applicable electrical
Safety Alert Definitions
Throughout this guide are safety items labeled with a Danger,
Warning or Caution based on the risk type:
Danger means that failure to follow this safety statement will
result in severe personal injury or death.
Warning means that failure to follow this safety
statement could result in serious personal injury or death.
Caution means that failure to follow this safety statement
may result in minor or moderate personal injury, property
or equipment damage.
Use this appliance for its intended purpose only and follow these
general precautions with those listed throughout this guide:
RISK OF CHILD ENTRAPMENT. Before you throw away your
old refrigerator or freezer, take off the doors and leave shelves
in place so children may not easily climb inside.
• SHOCK HAZARD - Electrical Grounding Required.
• Never attempt to repair or perform maintenance on
the unit until the electricity has been disconnected.
• Never remove the round grounding prong from the
plug and never use a two-prong grounding adaptor.
• Altering, cutting of power cord, removal of power cord,
removal of power plug, or direct wiring can cause
serious injury, fire and/or loss of property and/or life,
and will void the warranty.
• Never use an extension cord to connect power to the
• Always keep your working area dry.
Install provided Anti-Tip kit on all Wine Captain Models
and Glass Door Refrigerators. Serious personal injury
• Use care when moving and handling the unit. Use gloves
to prevent personal injury from sharp edges.
• If your model requires defrosting, DO NOT use an ice pick
or other sharp instrument to help speed up defrosting.
These instruments can puncture the inner lining or
damage the cooling unit. DO NOT use any type of heater
to defrost. Using a heater to speed up defrosting can
cause personal injury and damage to the inner lining.
• Do not lift unit by door handle.
• Never install or operate the unit behind closed doors. Be
sure front grille is free of obstruction. Obstructing free
airflow can cause the unit to malfunction and will void the
• Failure to clean the condenser every six months can cause
the unit to malfunction. This could void the warranty.
• Allow unit temperature to stabilize for 24 hours before
• Do not Block any internal Fans.
Use only genuine U-Line replacement parts. Imitation parts
can damage the unit, affect its operation or performance
and may void the warranty.