Installer: Leave Use and Care Guide with the homeowner.
Keep Use and Care Guide for future reference and
for local electrical inspector's use, if required.
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install compactor.
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
Do not grasp console to move compactor.
Begin in the room where the compactor will be located.
1. Remove compactor
from shipping carton.
2. Remove all packaging materials such as tape and shipping
3. Use a mild detergent and warm water to remove waxy
residue caused by shipping material.
4. Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth. For more information, see
5. Be sure the power cord is attached to the cord clip on the
rear of the compactor.
10. Place the drawer on the 2 corner posts.
11. Place the other 2 corner posts on the floor to the side of the
12. Grasp the sides of the compactor
cabinet and put compactor
on its side on top of the corner posts.
13. Remove the shipping base from the bottom of the compactor.
A. Leveling legs
B. Shipping base
A. Cord clip
6. Place the 2 corner posts from the carton on the floor near the
7. Open the compactor
drawer and remove any shipping
materials or other items from the drawer.
NOTE: Do not remove the compactor
8. Grasp the handle and raise the front of drawer until it clears
the drawer stops.
9. Grasp sides of drawer and lift drawer out of compactor.