When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Read all instructions prior to use.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
• To protect against fire, electrical shock and
injury to persons, do not immerse cord, plugs or
appliance in any liquids.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance
is used by or near children.
• Unplug appliance from outlet when not in use.
• Allow appliance to cool before cleaning and adding
or removing parts.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has
been damaged in any manner. Contact consumer
support at the number listed in this manual.
• The use of accessory attachments that have
not been recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock or
injury to persons.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter,
or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place appliance on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• To disconnect, turn the unit OFF, then remove plug
from wall outlet.
• Do not use this appliance for anything other than
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one
blade is wider than the other). To reduce
the risk of electric shock, this plug is
intended to fit into a polarized outlet only
one way. If the plug does not fit fully into
the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does
not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do
not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped
with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent
removal of the outer cover. To reduce
the risk of fire or electric shock, do not
attempt to remove the outer cover. There
are no user-serviceable parts inside.
Repair should be done only by authorized
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
its intended use.
• Keep lid on the carafe when it use.
• Scalding and/or burns may occur if the carafe
lid is removed or unit cover is opened during the
• The unit's carafe is designed for use only with this
appliance. It must never be used to a range top.
• Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold surface.
• Do not use a cracker carafe or a carafe having a
loose or weakened handle.
• Do not clean carafe with harsh cleansers, steel
wool or other abrasive material.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
1. A short power-supply cord is provided
to reduce the risk resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
2. Extension cords may be used if care is
exercised in their use.
3. If a long detachable extension cord is used:
a) The marked electrical rating of the
power cord or extension cord should
be at least as great as the electrical
rating of the appliance.
b) If the appliance is of the grounded
type, the extension cord should be a
grounding-type 3-wire cord.
c) The cord should be arranged so that
it will not drape over the countertop
or tabletop where it can be pulled on
by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power cord is damaged,
please contact the warranty department
listed in these instructions.