• Unplug the mains lead
when moving the TV
set. Do not move the
TV set with the mains
lead plugged in. It may
damage the mains lead
and result in fire or electric shock.
• If you damage the mains lead, it may
result in fire or electric shock.
– Do not pinch, bend, or twist the
mains lead excessively. The core
conductors may be exposed or
broken, causing a short-circuit,
which may cause fire or electric
– Do not modify or damage the mains
– Do not put anything heavy on the
mains lead. Do not pull the mains
– Keep the mains lead away from heat sources.
– Be sure to grasp the plug when disconnecting the mains
• If the mains lead is damaged, stop using it and ask your
dealer or Sony service centre to exchange it.
• Use only an original Sony mains lead, not other brands.
Mains lead/cable protection
Pull out the mains lead/cable by
the plug. Do not pull on the mains
Do not use a poor fitting mains socket. Insert the
plug fully into the mains socket. A poor fit may
cause arcing and result in fire. Contact your
electrician to have the mains socket changed.
Observe the following when installing the
TV set using a stand. If you do not do so, the
TV set may fall and cause serious injury.
• Use the specified stand.
• Secure the TV set properly, following the instructions
supplied with your stand when installing the TV set.
• Be sure to attach the brackets supplied with your stand.
Do not place this TV set in a place
where medical equipment is in
use. It may cause malfunction of
• Before carrying the TV set, disconnect
all the cables from the TV set.
• When you carry the TV set by hand,
hold the TV set as illustrated on the
right. If you do not do so, the TV set
may fall and be damaged or cause
serious injury. If the TV set has been
dropped or damaged, have it checked immediately by
qualified service personnel.
• When transporting it, do not subject the TV set to jolts or
excessive vibration. The TV set may fall and be damaged
or cause serious injury.
• When you carry the TV set in for repair or when you move
it, pack it using the original carton and packing material.
• Carrying the TV set requires two people.
• Never cover the ventilation holes in the rear side. It may
cause overheating and result in fire.
• Unless proper ventilation is provided, the TV set may
gather dust and get dirty. For proper ventilation, observe
– Do not install the TV set turned backwards or sideways.
– Do not install the TV set turned over or upside down.
– Do not install the TV set on a shelf or in a closet.
– Do not place the TV set on a rug or bed.
– Do not cover the TV set with cloth, such as curtains, or
items such as newspapers, etc.
• Leave some space around the TV set. Otherwise, air-
circulation may be inadequate and cause overheating,
which may cause fire or damage to the TV set.
P U S H O P E N
T IM E R
L A M P P O W E R /S T
A N D B Y
P O W E R
W E G A G A
T V /V ID E O
VO L U M E
C A N N E L