Replacing the lamp
When the lamp becomes dark or the picture colour is not normal or the lamp indicator
with a new lamp.
• Only use the lamp XL-2400 for replacement. If you use another lamp, it may cause damage to the TV set.
• Do not remove the lamp except when replacing it.
• Before replacing the lamp, turn off the power and disconnect the power cord.
• Replace the lamp only after it becomes cool. The front glass of the lamp remains at least 100 °C (212 °F) even
after the power has been turned off for 30 minutes.
• Do not place the old lamp in proximity to children or flammable material.
• Do not get the old lamp wet, or insert objects inside the lamp. It may cause the lamp to explode.
• Do not place the old lamp near easily flammable objects, as this may cause fire. Also, do not put your hand inside
the lamp compartment, as you may be burned.
• Attach the new lamp securely. If it is not securely attached, the picture may become dark.
• Do not touch or stain the front glass of the new lamp or the glass of the lamp compartment. If the glass become
dirty, the picture quality may deteriorate or the lamp life may shorten.
• Attach the lamp cover firmly. If it is not firmly attached, the power will not turn on.
• When the lamp burns out, a noise is audible. This does not indicate damage to the TV set.
• Consult your nearest Sony service center to obtain a new lamp.
• Always remember to dispose of used lamps in an evironmentally friendly way.
Turn off the power and disconnect the power cord.
If you start changing the lamp without disconnecting the power cord, the standby indicator
Disconnect the power cord to continue changing the lamp.
Replace the lamp 30 minutes or more after the power is turned off to allow it to cool.
Take the new lamp out of the box.
Do not touch the glass portion of the new lamp.
• Do not shake the lamp. Vibration can damage the lamp or shorten its life.
• Avoid touching the front glass of a new lamp or the glass of the lamp receptacle. This may reduce picture quality or
Remove the outside lamp cover
Remove the lamp door.
Turn the knob counterclockwise to OPEN and pull out the cover.
on the TV set flashes, replace
on the TV set flashes.