Basic Operation Guide...
QuickTime and the QuickTime logo are trademarks or registered respective owners. Epson disclaims any and all rights in those marks. trademarks of Apple Inc., used under license. Copyright © 2008 Seiko Epson Corporation. All rights reserved.
Contents Chapter 1 Getting Started Displaying the contents screen ....18 Displaying information ..... . 18 Unpacking the Viewer .
Notes lost. contain important information and useful tips on the ❏ Epson is not responsible for backing up or operation of the viewer. recovering data. We strongly recommend that you make your own backup files.
Chapter 1 Getting Started Unpacking the Viewer Parts CF Card slot SD Card slot Access lamp Make sure that all of the items shown below are CF Card eject button included in the box. Headphones connector Power Switch with Hold function Strap hook Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
Control Panel Lamps Illumination lamp Flashes during operations such as (Blue) turning the power on, printing, LCD power-off mode, and so on. Charge lamp Lit green during battery charging. Lit orange when an error has occurred. Keys Press to zoom a photo, and adjust the volume.
3. Close the battery cover and slide it to the left until it Setting Up the Viewer clicks. Charging the battery 1. Open the battery cover. 4. Connect the AC adapter, then plug the other end into a power outlet. 2.
Caution: Preventing key operations ❏ Disconnect the AC adapter before removing the battery. Slide the power switch to Hold. ❏ Do not connect the AC adapter when the battery is not installed. Doing so may cause damage to the viewer. ❏...
1. Select the language to use with , and then Note: press If approximately 24 hours passes after removing the battery, the date and time settings may be lost, and will need to be set again. 2. After the message saying “Set current Date and Time.”...
The following tables show the icon menu of the Home Home screen screen. (Battery) :Indicates sufficient battery power. :Indicates moderate battery power. :Indicates low battery power. :Indicates the viewer is charging. (CF) Indicates the CF memory card is set (page 14).
The viewer uses the following specified software. Photoshop CS*, Photoshop CS2, Photoshop CS3, Photoshop Elements 4.0, Photoshop Elements 5.0*, Photoshop Elements Epson Link2 You can transfer data from the 6.0*. computer to the viewer easily.
❏ We recommend backing up the installer onto your Note: computer. If you are prompted to select a language, select your preferred language. ❏ You need administrative privileges to install the software. 7. When the software license agreement screen For Windows users appears, read the statement and then click Agree.
4. Double-click P_XXXX_MAC_SOFTWARE.DMG. 5. Double-click the Mac OS X icon. 6. On the software installation screen, click Easy Install. Note: If you are prompted to select a language, select your preferred language. 7. When the software license agreement screen appears, read the statement and then click Agree. 8.
Chapter 2 Transferring Data to the Viewer You can transfer data taken with a digital camera to the viewer. ❏ You can keep both a CF memory card and an SD Transferring from CF/SD Memory Cards memory card loaded in their respective slots simultaneously.
5. Make sure that the Access lamp is off before Transferring from a Digital Camera removing the memory cards. You can transfer data to the viewer directly from digital 6. For a CF memory card, push the eject button twice. cameras that support the USB Mass Storage For an SD memory card, push the memory card specification.
❏ Do not touch the Slave-Mini B connector interface during USB data transfer. Copying data You can transfer all of the data on a digital camera to the viewer in a single operation. 1. Select USB Device on the Home screen using , and then press 2.
❏ You can transfer data from the computer to My Photos For details on the supported file formats, see the User's or My Videos using the Epson Link2 software. You Guide. can copy from Backup Files on the viewer. For details, see “Copying/Moving files and folders”...
Displaying the contents screen Rating information Folder set as screen saver You can change the way files and folders are displayed Still image with a sound by pressing . When you press , the display memo attached changes in the order of 12 thumbnails, 64 thumbnails, and a detailed list.
Basic operations while playing videos 2. Press to display the pop up menu, select Copy/Move using , and then press 3. Select Select and Copy Files or Select and Move Function Files using , and then press Play/Pause Note: Stops the video and returns to the previous screen.
5. Select a folder to copy or move to using the Protecting files and folders , and then press You can lock the selected file or folder. When a file or folder is locked, the icon is displayed and it cannot Deleting files and folders be deleted or rotated.
❏ To edit a file that you rated with the viewer using Note: The lock on the file or folder remains in effect until you unlock Adobe Bridge, see the online Epson Link2 User’s Guide. it, even if you turn off the viewer. Using ratings to filter your photos When photos have ratings attached, you can filter them for display according to the number of stars.
User’s Guide. USB (Standard-A) You can use the following USB storage devices that are capable of copying: external HDD drives, CD/DVD drives, USB memories, card reader/writers, and Epson Multimedia Storage Viewers. Transferring to the Computer USB (Mini-B) Before transferring, install the Epson Link2 software.
USB cable. 6. Launch the Epson Link2 software. For Windows: Click Start, point to All Programs (or Programs), then select EPSON. Select Epson Link2, and then click Epson Link2. Alternatively, click the Epson Link2 shortcut icon on the desktop.
Chapter 5 Creating Custom Print You can print out your photos by following the Print Wizard menu screen flows from editing photos to printing them out. Menu Details Using the Print Wizard Menu Edit Layout and Print You can lay photos out on paper and then print.
Selecting an Image Cropping the selected image Select an image You can crop the image to (JPEG/RAW file) to edit. a custom size. You can also crop the image using a fixed aspect ratio. Retouching the selected image Setting the print layout Retouch the image.
Printing photos You can print by connecting the viewer directly to a printer. Finishing up You can print by connecting the viewer directly to a printer. By adjusting the LCD brightness and color temperature, you can make the images displayed on the LCD closer to the results of your printouts.
Customizing Settings Playing Music Settings mode You can customize various settings to make the viewer Playlist more useful. Select Settings on the Home screen. You can create a Playlist both on the Epson Link2 software and on the viewer. Other Features...
Chapter 7 Troubleshooting Problems and Solutions The Charge lamp lights orange. Is the battery set correctly? You can also refer to the User’s Guide for more detailed troubleshooting information. See “Charging the battery” (page 7) and set the battery correctly. Power supply problems Has the viewer been placed in a hot location? Turn off the power, disconnect the AC adapter, stop...
2. Turn on the power while holding down Resetting the Viewer simultaneously. When an error occurs and operations cannot be done, 3. Select Yes using , and then press you can reset the viewer by pressing the Reset button with a thin object as shown below. 4.