Thank you for purchasing a Canon product. Canon’s EF11-24mm f/4L USM is a high- Features performance ultra-wide angle zoom lens, for use 1. Use of super UD lens elements, UD lens with EOS cameras. elements, and two types of aspherical lens ●...
● Do not leave the lens in excessive heat such as in a car ● The EF11-24mm f/4L USM features a large diameter in direct sunlight. High temperatures can cause the front lens element. Please be careful because this lens to malfunction.
Precautions for Shooting If dirt or dust adheres to the surface of the front lens element, it can easily appear in images due to the ● lens’s short focal length. In order to avoid this, please remove dirt or dust from the surface of the front lens element by using a commercially available air dust blower.
Safety Precautions This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. CAN ICES-3 (B) / NMB-3 (B) Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Nomenclature Focus mode switch (→ 7) Built-in lens hood Distance scale (→ 8) Zoom ring (→ 7) Rubber ring (→ 6) Gelatin filter holder (→ 9) Contacts (→ 6) Focusing ring (→ 7) Lens mount index (→ 6) ● For detailed information, reference page numbers are provided in parentheses (→ **). ENG-5...
2. Setting the Focus Mode 3. Zooming To shoot in autofocus (AF) mode, set the focus To zoom, rotate the zoom ring. mode switch to AF. Also, the minimum focusing distance of the lens changes depending on focal length. To shoot in manual focus (MF) mode, set the focus mode switch to MF, and focus by turning Focal Length Min.
4. I nfinityCompensation 5. Infrared Index Mark Infinity compensation mark The infrared index corrects the focus setting when using monochrome infrared film. Focus on Distance index the subject manually, then adjust the distance To compensate for shifting of the infinity focus setting by moving the focusing ring to the point that results from changes in temperature, corresponding infrared index mark.
6. Lens Cap 7. Filter (Sold separately) Lock knobs The lens cap can be attached by pinching the There is a gelatin filter holder at the rear of the lock knobs and vertically aligning the lens cap lens. Cut the gelatin filter to fit within the white with the lens hood as shown in the diagram.
8. Extension Tubes (Sold separately) You can attach extension tube EF12 II for magnified shots. The shooting distance and magnification are shown below. Focusing Distance Magnification (×) Range (mm) Close Long Close Long distance distance distance distance Incompatible 11mm EF12 II 24mm 0.73 0.53...
The EF1.4X II, III/EF2X II, III extender and 250D/500D close-up lenses cannot be used with this ● lens. Aperture settings are specified on the camera. ● ● All data listed is measured according to Canon standards. Product specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice. ● ENG-11...