GENERAL SAFETy WARNINGS AND
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TOOLS
Read all safety warnings and all instructions.
Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric
shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• A BATTERy OPERATED UNIT with integral batteries or a
separate battery pack must be recharged only with the specified
charger for the battery. A charger that may be suitable for one type
of battery may create a risk of fire when used with another battery.
• USE BATTERy OPERATED UNIT ONLy with specifically designated
battery pack. Use of any other batteries may create a risk of fire.
• AVOID accidental starting. Be sure switch is in the locked or off
position before inserting battery pack. Carrying units with your
finger on the switch or inserting the battery pack into a unit with the
switch on invites accidents.
• DO NOT use unit if switch does not turn it on or off. A unit that cannot
be controlled with the switch is dangerous and must be repaired.
• DISCONNECT battery pack from unit or place the switch in the
locked or off position before making any adjustments, changing
accessories, or storing the unit. Such preventative safety
measures reduce the risk of starting the unit accidentally.
• ALWAyS WEAR EyE PROTECTION – Wear safety glasses or
goggles at all times when this unit is in use. Also use face or dust
mask. Safety glasses are available at extra cost at your local Black &
Decker Service Center or authorized service facility.
• DO NOT place outlet of sweeper near eyes or ears when operating.
• STORE IDLE UNITS. When not in use, the unit should be stored
in a dry, high or locked-up place - out of reach of children.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• MAINTAIN UNIT WITH CARE. Keep unit clean for best and safest
performance. Follow instructions for proper maintenance.
• DO NOT attempt to repair the sweeper. To assure product safety
and reliability, repairs, maintenance, and adjustments should be
performed by Black & Decker service centers or authorized service
centers, always using Black & Decker replacement parts.
• DO NOT operate sweeper in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere.
Motors in these units normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS – Do not
use electric units in damp or wet locations. Don't use the unit in the rain.
• STAy ALERT - Watch what you are doing. Use common sense.
Do not operate unit when you are tired.
• USE THE RIGHT UNIT – Do not use this unit for any job except
that for which it is intended.
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when
used by or near children. Not recommended for use by children.
• DO NOT attempt to clear clogs from unit without first removing battery.
• USE ONLy as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's
• DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not use with any
opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair and everything that
may reduce air flow.
• kEEP hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from
openings and moving parts.
• DO NOT immerse any part of the unit in liquid.
• DO NOT handle charger, including charger plug, and charger
terminals with wet hands.
• kEEP CHILDREN, BySTANDERS AND ANIMALS AWAy from
the work area a minimum of 30 feet (10 meters) when starting or
operating the unit.
• INSPECT THE AREA before using the unit. Remove all debris and
hard objects such as rocks, glass, wire, etc. that can ricochet, be
thrown, or otherwise cause injury or damage during operation.
• USE ONLy charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
• EXERCISE CARE in handling batteries in order not to short the
battery with conducting materials such as rings, bracelets and
keys. The battery or conductor may overheat and cause burns.
• DO NOT OPEN OR MUTILATE the batteries. Released
electrolyte is corrosive and may cause damage to the eyes or skin.
It may be toxic if swallowed.
• DO NOT CHARGE the unit outdoors.