Using the Surface Burners
Using the control knobs
Your cooktop comes with electric ignitors. Electric
• Push in the control knob and turn it counter-
clockwise to the LITE position. The clicking
sound is the ignitor sparking. Make sure the
burner has lit.
• To stop the clicking sound after the burner lights,
turn the control knob to the cook setting you
want. You can set the control knob
anywhere between HI and LO.
NOTE: All electric ignitors will click at the same
time. However, the burner with the control knob
turned to LITE is the one that will ignite.
light the burners each
time you turn the con-
trol knobs to LITE.
• Place a filled pan on
the burner grate before
turning on the surface
burner. Do not operate
a burner for extended
periods of time without
having cookware on
sing Your Cooktop
NOTE: Do not leave empty cookware, or cookware
which has boiled dry, on a hot surface burner. The
cookware could overheat causing damage to the cook-
ware or cooking product.
Burner heat settings
Use the following chart as a guide.
• To light the burner.
• To start food cooking.
• To bring liquid to a boil.
• To hold a boil.
• To fry chicken or pancakes.
• For gravy, pudding, and icing.
• To cook large amounts of
• To keep food cooking after
starting it on a higher setting.
• To keep food warm.
• To melt chocolate or butter.
• To simmer.
Energy saving tips
• To help shorten your cooking time, use the least
amount of liquid possible.
• Preheat your pans only when recommended and
for the shortest time possible.
• Start your food on a higher heat setting, then turn
the control to a lower setting to finish cooking.