WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION MAJOR APPLIANCE WARRANTY
For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished
with the product, Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP (hereafter "Whirlpool") will pay for Factory Specified Parts and repair labor to
correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was purchased. Service must be provided by a Whirlpool
designated service company. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS
PROVIDED HEREIN. This limited warranty is valid only in the United States or Canada and applies only when the major appliance is used in the
country in which it was purchased. Proof of original purchase date is required to obtain service under this limited warranty.
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Replacement parts or repair labor if this major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is used in a
manner that is inconsistent to published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.
2. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or repair house
fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
3. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty coverage.
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in accordance with
electrical or plumbing codes, or use of products not approved by Whirlpool.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage results from
defects in materials or workmanship and is reported to Whirlpool within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Any food or medicine loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Pickup and delivery. This major appliance is intended to be repaired in your home.
8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
9. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an authorized
Whirlpool servicer is not available.
10. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance with
Whirlpool's published installation instructions.
11. Replacement parts or repair labor on major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be
12. Discoloration, rust, or oxidation of stainless steel surfaces.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. Some states and provinces do not
allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives
you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES; EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN.
WHIRLPOOL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states and provinces do not allow the
exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you
specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized Whirlpool dealer to determine if another warranty applies.
For additional product information, in the U.S.A., visit www.whirlpool.com
In Canada, visit www.whirlpool.ca
If you do not have access to the Internet and you need assistance using your product or you would like to schedule service, you may contact
Whirlpool at the number below.
Have your complete model number ready. You can find your model number and serial number on the label, located on the inside wall of the
For assistance or service in the U.S.A., call 1-800-253-1301. In Canada, call 1-800-807-6777.
If you need further assistance, you can write to Whirlpool with any questions or concerns at the address below:
In the U.S.A.:
Whirlpool Brand Home Appliances
Customer eXperience Center
553 Benson Road
Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
Please include a daytime phone number in your correspondence.
Please keep these User Instructions and the model number information for future reference.
© 2012 Whirlpool Corporation.
All rights reserved.
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
/™ ©2012 Whirlpool. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved.
Whirlpool Brand Home Appliances
Customer eXperience Centre
200 – 6750 Century Ave.
Mississauga, Ontario L5N 0B7
Printed in Mexico