SERVICE MANUAL COLOR TELEVISION • This Service Manual contains the additional information “DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS” and “ADJUSTMENT” for the model TV-SA2055 (KE). If requiring the other information, see Service Manual of TV-SA2055 (KE), (S/M Code No. 09-005-431-5R1). S/M Code No. 09-00B-431-5S1...
DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS 1. REAR CABINET REMOVAL (1) Remove four screws 1 and three screws 2 , then remove the rear cabinet in the direction of the arrow. Front cabinet (See Figure1-1) Rear cabinet Figure 1-1 2. HIGH-VOLTAGE CAP (ANODE CAP) REMOVAL 2-1.
(5) Push the anode cap with your thumb in the direction of arrow 1 as shown in the figure, then lift the cap in the direction of arrow 2 to release the hook on one side. (See Figure 2-3) Anode cap Hook Hook Figure 2-3...
(3) Eliminate twisting, etc. of the high-voltage cable and arrange it so that no twisting occurs. (See Figure 3-3) High-voltage cable Anode cap Caution : If the cable is not arranged correctly, the anode cap could turn and cause an installation defect. Figure 3-3 (4) Turn over the rubber cap symmetrically on the left and right.
(6) Apply the hook on one side to the anode button as shown on the figure. (See Figure 3-6) Caution : Check that the hook is held securely. (7) Apply the hook on the other side to the anode button as shown in Figure 3-7.
4. NK C.B. (PWB, NK) REMOVAL (1) Disconnect CN553 (CRT GND). Front cabinet (2) Disconnect CN551, CN552 (3) Remove the NK C.B. in the direction of arrow 1. (See Figure 4-1) CN801 (Power Cord) 5. MAIN C.B (PWB, MAIN) REMOVAL CN802 (1) Remove connector (CNA900).
ADJUSTMENT SET-UP FOR ADJUSTMENT 1. CRT ADJUSTMENT Because the video signal output from a pattern generator is used as 1-1. Precautions the adjustment signal input during adjustment, the video signal (1) Receive the white raster signal, and then perform aging for at output from the pattern generator must conform with the least 20 minutes.
(2) Beam convergence adjustment (4-pole magnet) (3) Beam convergence adjustment (6-pole magnet) With a 4-pole magnet align the G beam with the already aligned Align the R beam with the B beam. The G beam does not R/B beam. move with this adjustment. (magenta) (magenta) (white)
1-3. Beam Landing Adjustment (1) Receive the green raster signal from the pattern generator. As there is occurrence of convergence distortion after (2) Loosen the magnet lock screw, and shift the magnet assembly completing the landing adjustments, be sure to carry out backward (toward the neck).
1-4. Beam Center Convergence Adjustment 1-5. The Surrounding Convergence Adjustment Perform this adjustment after completion of adjustment 1-4. Make adjustments on the convergence with 4-pole and 6-pole magnets. Operate each magnet in relation to the electron beam as (1) Shake the deflecting yoke up, down to the right and left, and shown in Figs.
Setting of IIC BUS Data This model is designed with the ability to adjust most parts of the image projection and deflection system by using the jig remote controller. Preparations : • Modify the hidden keys on the RC-6VT06 jig remote controller (TV-C142/86-LB4-951-010) so that they can easily be pressed.
3. Display of “CRT ON” accumulated hours The CRT usage time is accumulated on an hourly basis and is displayed in hexadecimal figures. Sample calculation of displayed hexadecimal figures : HEX 1 2 3 4 • The display will be reset to 0000H when the accumulated hours exceed 7FFFH(32768 hours).
The menus from No.0 to 101 inclusive of PAGE 1 to 3 serve as the “Adjustment Menu” . (Refer to the following tables) Reference Reference Reference No . Menus No . Menus No . Menus Values Values Values CONT BRIGHT MAX SELF ADJ –...
Menu screen adjustment: • Operate after inputting the following initial figures when replacing EEP ROM. These initial figures are only for reference purposes and meant for rough adjustment. • Check the condition and adjust the area where the general repair is carried out. Sample Indication for Adjustment Menu No.
1-3. OSD H OSD Horizontal Positioning Adjustment Adjustment Menu No. 16 (Page 1-4) Input signal : Crosshatch Measuring instrument : Pattern generator / PAL • Use the volume keys on the jig remote controller to adjust each A and B positions on both left and right in the equal distance towards the screen edge in the OSD display.
PAGE 2 White Balance Adjustment : Adjustment Menu No. 19-24 (PAGE 2 - 1 to 2 - 5) *User’s picture quality will be cleared when the adjustment menu screen appears. Input signal : White raster Contents of Adjustment : 1. R CUT OFF Contents of Adjustment : 2.
PAGE 3 3-1. SECAM B - Y SECAM Video, Chroma Adjustment Adjustment Menu No. 25 (Page 3-1) Input signal : Black signal Measuring instrument : Oscilloscope Measuring instrument : Pattern generator / SECAM Test point : CNA3013PIN 1. Connect oscilloscope to the test point. 2.
3-5. V SIZE Vertical Size Adjustment Adjustment Menu No. 29 (Page 3-5) Input signal : Crosshatch Measuring instrument : Pattern generator / PAL • Use the volume keys on the jig remote controller and adjust A to position the dot mark in the center to the exact vertical centre of the crosshatch pattern on the screen and regularize the squares of the crosshatch pattern.
2–11, IKENOHATA 1–CHOME, TAITO-KU, TOKYO 110, JAPAN TEL:03 (3827) 3111 9620450 Printed in Singapore...