2. Safety Information
For Household Use Only
When using the vacuum cleaner, basic safety precautions should always be observed, including the
1. Only use the vacuum cleaner indoors on dry
2. Turn off the vacuum cleaner controls before
connecting or disconnecting from the mains
3. Always unplug the vacuum cleaner before
connecting or disconnecting the vacuum
hose and accessories.
4. Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the appliance.
5. The appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or
lack of experience and knowledge, unless
they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance
by a person responsible for their safety.
6. Use only as described in this manual. Use
7. Do not use the vacuum cleaner if it has been
dropped, damaged, left outdoors or dropped
into water. Do not use the vacuum cleaner
with a damaged cord or plug. If the supply
cord or plug is damaged, return the vacuum
cleaner to a Whirlpool Authorised Service
Agent or suitably qualified person for
examination, repair or adjustment.
8. Do not pull or carry by the cord. Do not use
the cord as a handle, close a door on the
cord or pull the cord around sharp edges or
corners. Do not run the vacuum cleaner over
the cord. Keep the cord away from heated
9. Do not handle the plug or vacuum cleaner
with wet hands. Do not use outdoors or on
10. Do not put any objects into openings. Do not
use with any openings blocked and do not
restrict air flow. Keep all openings free of
dust, lint, hair or anything that may reduce
11. Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all
parts of the body away from openings and
12. Do not pick up hot coals, cigarette butts,
matches or any hot, smoking or burning
13. Do not pick up flammable or combustible
materials (lighter fluid, petrol, kerosene, etc)
or use in the presence of explosive liquids or
14. Do not vacuum up harmful or toxic material
(chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaner,
15. Do not vacuum up hard or sharp objects
such as glass, nails, screws, coins, etc.
16. Do not use without the filters in place.
17. Take extra care when vacuuming stairs.
18. Keep vacuuming area well lit.
19. Store the vacuum cleaner indoors in a cool,
20. Turn off the on/off switch before unplugging
the vacuum cleaner.
21. Use only CE-approved 13 amp extension
cords. Nonapproved extension cords may
overheat. Care should be taken to arrange
the cord so that the cord cannot be pulled or
WARNING: Always switch off and unplug
the vacuum cleaner from the electrical outlet
before assembling, opening or emptying the dirt
container, or before connecting/disconnecting
CAUTION: The vacuum cleaner is a very
powerful unit. Before plugging the cord into the
electrical outlet, make sure the switch is in the
IMPORTANT: If the inlet, hose or telescopic
tube is blocked, switch off the vacuum cleaner
and remove the blockage(s) before re-starting
the vacuum cleaner.
IMPORTANT: Cleaning filters improves
vacuum performance. Make sure all the filters
are completely dry before inserting back into the
This vacuum cleaner is intended for household
use only and not for commercial or industrial use.