NOTES ON SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS
1. All resistance values in ohms K=1,000 M=1,000,000.
2. Resistors specified with resistance value are "1/6DJ."
3. Resistors specified with type of resistor, tolerance and resistance value are "1/4."
4. Unless otherwise noted on schematic, all capacitor values less than 1 are expressed in μF (Micro Farad),
and the values more than 1 are in pF.
5. All capacitors are 50 WV rating unless oterhwise noted.
6. Unless otherwise noted on schematic, voltage reading taken with VOM from point indicated to chassis
ground. Voltage reading taken using color-bar signal VHF channel 5, all controls at normal. Line voltage at 120
volts. Some voltages may vary with signal strength.
7. Waveforms were taken with color-bar signal and controls set for normal picture. Waveforms marked with
an 8 may vary with signal strength.
8. The Symbol
indicates a fusible resistor, which protects the circuit from possible short circuits.
9. Parts enclosed with
10. Isolation border line.
11. Schematic part location numbers may not always match the schematic symbols.
The schematic symbols and part descriptions are correct and should be used.
The part descriptions will be listed under the location number in the parts list.
Many solid-state devices (especially Integrated Circuits) are Electrostatically Sensitive, and, there-
fore, require special handling techniques as described under "Servicing Electrostatically Sensitive
Devices," on page two in this service literature.
1. When replacing parts on circuit boards, clamp the lead wires to terminals before soldering.
2. When replacing high wattage resistors on circuit board, keep the resistor body 10 mm (3/8) from circuit board.
3. Keep wires away from high voltage and high temperature components.
THE COMPONENTS DESIGNATED BY A
VALUES ARE OF SPECIAL SIGNIFICANCE TO PRODUCT SAFETY. SHOULD ANY COMPONENT
DESIGNATED BY A
DEVIATE FROM THE RESISTANCE, WATTAGE AND VOLTAGE RATINGS SHOWN.
are related with X-radiation.
ELECTROSTATICALLY SENSITIVE DEVICES
PRODUCT SAFETY NOTICE
ON THIS SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM DESIGNATE COMPONENTS WHOSE
NEED TO BE REPLACED, USE ONLY THE PART DESIGNATED IN THE PARTS LIST. DO NOT
– 36 –