1. When using the provided control software
Control panel and menu display/setting functions can be controlled from an external device such as a personal computer.
For connections, software installation and operation, refer to the separate "Application software instruction manual".
2. When using customized control software
The functions of this unit can be remote-controlled with an external device via the remote control input connector (RS-232C). If you
wish to create your own customized control software, you can obtain details on communication protocols and commands from your
OPTIONAL BOOK HOLDER
When capturing the image of a large object such as an ency-
clopedia page, it is recommended to use the book holder to
ensure the object remains stable and does not fall. Install the
book holder on the bottom of the unit as described below. Pull
it out for use when required.
1) Use a clean cloth moistened with detergent to wipe off dust,
oil, etc. in the catcher installation grooves (in four places)
on the base of the unit.
2) Remove the backing from the four catchers and paste them
on the catcher installation grooves
3) Install the book holder in the book holder installation grooves
• Do not carry this unit by holding the book holder. If
the book holder comes off and the unit is dropped,
a malfunction or injury may result.
Book holder installation grooves
Catcher installation groove