Mounting method and operating method
for each part
1. Remove the camcorder shoulder strap and lens cap string. Switch off the
camcorder video light and the camcorder.
2. Remove the three buckles on the marine
case and open the front lid.
• To prevent fogging in the marine case,
apply a drop of glass cleaner to the inside
of the front glass and wipe it with tissue
paper, a clean cloth, etc., being sure to
apply the cleaner evenly over the entire
front glass. If you leave any streaks on a
part of the front glass, it may cause the camcorder to
focus on this part.
3. Remove the sliding board from the marine case. Align
the screw and camcorder direction stud on the sliding
board with the camcorder’s tripod mounting socket and
stud hole. Then, tighten the screw to mount the
4. Turn the marine case’s POWER lever to “OFF”.
• You can view the playback picture on the LCD monitor
when it is flipped over and retracted. When using the
LCD monitor, images do not appear in the
5. Align the sliding board mounting guide on
the marine case with the sliding board and
insert it into the marine case.
6. Fit the underside projection on the marine
case’s POWER lever around the
camcorder’s Power Switch, making sure
that it fits securely. Also make sure that the
underside projections on the marine case’s ZOOM lever and SNAPSHOT
lever are set to the proper position.
If a lever on the marine case is set to the wrong position, the aligning
projection may be damaged and the camcorder’s Power Switch may skid.
7. Place the included anti-fogging silica gel in the gap between the
camcorder and the marine case to prevent fogging in the marine case.
8. Before sealing the marine case, check that there is no sand, dirt, or other
foreign matter on the O-ring mounted on the front lid or on the O-ring
contact surface on the main unit.
Also make sure that the inserted silica gel bag is not pinched. If you dive
with foreign matter trapped in these areas, water will leak.
9. Check that the O-ring on the front lid is correctly mounted
in the groove, then press in the front lid. Flip down the
three buckles securely to seal the marine case.
10. It is recommended that you attach a weight to the marine
• Since the marine case is very
buoyant, the use of a diving
weight is recommended
(commercially available, approx.
2 kg) to counteract it.
• Use the provided rope to attach a
Do not knock or throw the
marine case when a weight is attached to it. This may damage the marine
case or cause water to leak into it.
Attach the weight securely to the marine case so that it does not come
11. Turn the marine case’s POWER lever to “ON” to set the
camcorder’s Power Switch to “
12. To start video recording, press the Recording start/stop
button. To stop video recording, press it again.
• To take a snapshot, set the SNAPSHOT lever in the direction
of the arrow on the marine case. Before inserting the
camcorder into the marine case, select the snapshot mode.
• To zoom in, turn the ZOOM lever toward “T” and to zoom out, turn it
13. When you are finished shooting, turn the marine case’s
POWER lever to “OFF” to set the camcorder Power Switch to
“OFF”. To remove the camcorder from the marine case, first
detach the sliding board from the marine case, then loosen
the sliding board screw.
The O-ring, which is mounted on the front
lid, is made from rubber and is waterproof.
Refer to the camcorder’s instructions for more