Kenwood U.S.A. Corporation
PRINTED IN USA
KMB-27 IM v2 5 12112007 © KENWOOD USA Corp. jeb
(Chargingcups picturednot included with KMB-27 Power Source)
MULTIPLE CHARGER POWER SOURCE
The KMB-27 is a power source for chargers, and is a compact steel rack unit which can hold up to six KENWOOD
desk-top chargers, models KSC-28 or KSC-37 (not mixed). The KMB-27 is a UL listed I.T.E. power source, is
certified to UL and CSA safety standards, and is provided with a three-wire grounded power cord for 120V AC
operation. The KMB-27 is intended for desktop or shelf mounted installation, in weather-protected, dry locations
(indoors only). Optionally; 2 units may be fastened side by side using supplied hardware.
BEFORE APPLYING POWER
IMPORTANT! This unit is designed for 120V AC operation, only.
1. To prevent fire or electrical shock, DO NOT expose this appliance to rain or moisture.
2. No user serviceable parts inside. Refer service to a qualified service organization.
3. To avoid the risk of electric shock, under no circumstance should the unit be opened. There are no user adjustments
4. Do not connect, disconnect, or operate the supply in a damp or wet location.
5. Do not pull the power cord to disconnect the supply. Grasp the plug with dry fingers, taking care not to touch the
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
1. This Manual contains important safety and operating instructions for the KMB-27 power source.
Before using this power source, read all instructions and cautionary markings on the (1) power source, (2) batteiy
charger, (3) battery, and (4) the product using the batteiy.
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of injury or equipment damage, use with only the specifically recommended
rechargeable battery pack models in their Kenwood chargers. Other types of batteries may burst causing personal
injury and damage.
Do not recharge a battery if it is already fully charged. If you do this, you will overcharge the battery, and may
shorten its life or damaged it.
After recharging the batteiy, remove it from the charger. If, having recharged the batteiy, the power to the power
source is turned off and then back on while the batteiy is still connected, recharging will start again and the
battery may be overcharged.
POWER SOURCE LOCATION ENVIRONMENT: Do not expose the power source to rain, snow, or moisture.
Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by KENWOOD may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or
To reduce the risk of damage to the electric plug and cord, grasp & pull the plug rather than the cord when
Make sure the cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise subjected to damage or
stress, or cause personal injury.
KMB-27 Instructions V2.6