Table of Contents
Note: The instructions
appearing in this Owner's
Guide are not meant to
cover every possible
condition and situation
that may occur. Common
sense and caution must
be practiced when
installing, operating and
Your safety and the safety of others is very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in the Use and Care Guide, Operating Instructions, Installation
Instructions and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
This is the safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to hazards that can kill or hurt you or others. All safety messages
will be preceded by the safety alert symbol and the word "DANGER" or "WARNING". These words mean:
You will be killed or seriously injured if you don't follow instructions.
You can be killed or seriously injured if you don't follow instructions.
All safety messages will identify the hazard, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can
happen if the instructions are not followed.
Important Safety Instructions
You can be killed or seriously injured if you don't follow these Important Safety Instructions:
• To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury to persons when using this washer, comply with the basic warnings listed
• Failure to comply with these warnings could result in serious personal injuries.
• Do not wash items that have been previously cleaned in, soaked in, or spotted with gasoline, cleaning solvents, kerosene,
cooking oils, waxes, etc. Do not store these items on or near the washer. These substances give off vapors or chemical reactions
that could ignite or explode.
• Do not put oily or greasy rags or clothing on top of the washer. These substances give off vapors that could ignite the materials.
• Do not add gasoline, cleaning solvents, or other flammable or explosive substances to the wash water. These substances give
off vapors that could ignite or explode.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be produced in a hot water system that has not been used for 2 weeks or more.
HYDROGEN GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not been used for such a period, before using the washer, turn
on all hot water faucets and let the water flow from each for several minutes. This will release any accumulated hydrogen gas.
Hydrogen gas is flammable; do not smoke or use an open flame during this time.
• Failure to comply with these warnings could result in fire, explosion, serious bodily injury and/or damage to the rubber or plastic
parts of the washer.
This Use and Care Guide provides
general operating instructions for
your washer. It also contains
information about features for
several other models. Your washer
may not have every feature
Use the washer only as instructed
in this Use and Care Guide and
the Operating Instructions
included with your washer.
Read and Save These Instructions
Record Your Model and Serial Numbers
The model and serial numbers of your washer are found on the
washer serial plate located at the top, inside of the door opening.
Record and retain these numbers.
An instructional DVD has
been included with your
washer. It highlights
features unique to this
tumble action washer and
will help you operate your
washer correctly. This DVD
is especially helpful if your
previous washer was a
A pedestal accessory
specifically designed for this
washer may be used when
elevating the washer for ease
Failure to use accessories
certified by the manufacturer
could result in personal injury,
property damage or damage
to the washer.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS