Before you call for service...
Dishes and flatware
Inlet water temperature • Raise the water heater temperature to 120°F.
is below 120°F
Water pressure is
Air gap is clogged
Improper rack loading
Spots and filming
Extremely hard water
on glasses and
Low inlet water
Old or damp powder
Rinse agent dispenser
Too little detergent
Combination of soft
water and too much
entering the dishwasher
Yellow or brown film
Tea or coffee stains
An overall yellow or
brown film can be
caused by iron deposits
White film on inside
Hard water minerals
Detergent cup lid
Detergent left in
Dishes are blocking the • Reposition the dishes.
This is normal
Black or gray
Aluminum utensils have • Remove marks with a mild, abrasive cleaner.
marks on dishes
rubbed against dishes
What To Do
• Use HI TEMP WASH.
• Turn on a faucet. Is water coming out more slowly than usual?
If so, wait until pressure is normal before using your dishwasher.
• Clean the air gap.
• Make sure large dishware does not block the detergent dispenser or
the wash arms.
• Use Jet-Dry
rinse agent to remove spots and prevent new film
• To remove stubborn spots and pre-existing film from glassware:
1 Remove all metal utensils from the dishwasher.
2 Do not add detergent.
3 Select the longest cycle.
4 Start the dishwasher and allow to run for 18 to 22 minutes.
Dishwasher will now be in the main wash.
5 Open the door and pour 2 cups (500 ml) of white vinegar into the
bottom of the dishwasher.
6 Close the door and allow to complete the cycle. If vinegar rinse
doesn't work: Repeat as above, except use 1/4 cup (60 ml) of citric
acid crystals instead of vinegar.
• This is called etching and is permanent. To prevent this from
happening, use less detergent if you have soft water. Wash glassware in
the shortest cycle that will get them clean.
• Lower the water heater temperature.
• Remove the stain by hand, using a solution of 1/2 cup bleach and
3 cups warm water.
Before cleaning interior, wait at least 20 minutes after a cycle for the
heating element to cool down. Failure to do so can result in burns.
• A special filter in the water supply line is the only way to correct this
problem. Contact a water softener company.
• To clean the interior, apply dishwasher detergent to a damp sponge.
Wear rubber gloves. Do not use any type of cleanser other than
dishwasher detergent because it may cause foaming or sudsing.
Complete and Electrasol
Detergents have been approved for use in all GE dishwashers.
• Unlatch the door. Press the START/RESET pad three times within two
seconds. The detergent cup will trip.
• Steam comes through the vent by the door latch during drying and
when water is being pumped out.