Your sander should NEVER be connected to the power source
when you are assembling parts, making adjustments, installing or removing
sandpaper, cleaning or when it is not in use. Disconnecting the sander will prevent
accidental starting, that could cause serious personal injury.
INSTALLING THE SANDPAPER (See Figs. 3, 3a, 3b and 4)
This sander has a cushion that allows you to use non-adhesive sandpaper. The non-
adhesive sandpaper clamps to the front and back of the platen and cushion.
This sander has a dust collection system that collects dust from the worksurface through
10 holes located in the platen and cushion on the bottom of the sander. A paper punch
template is included for accurately punching holes into the 1/3-sheet sandpaper.
NOTE: Holes must be punched into the paper for the dust collection system to
work properly. See instructions on page 14 to punch holes.
Installing Non-Adhesive Sandpaper (See Figs. 3, 3a and 3b)
ALWAYS inspect the sandpaper before installing. DO NOT use if broken or defective.
1. Unplug the sander.
Failure to unplug the sander could result in accidental starting
causing possible serious personal injury.
Installing Non-Adhesive Sandpaper (See Figs. 3 , 3a and 3b)
NOTE: Remove dust bag assembly when installing non-adhesive paper. ALWAYS
remember to reattach the dust bag assembly before beginning sanding operation
(see pages 16, Fig. 6).
2. If replacing sandpaper, remove old sandpaper.
3. Two paper clamp levers are located on each side of the sander and are locked into
a slot on top of the platen (see Fig. 3).
4. Raise these two levers "UP" and disengage them from the slots in the platen.
This will release the tension on the paper clamps located at the front and back of the sander
that hold the paper in position on the cushion (see Fig. 3a).
5. Remove old paper.
6. Insert front end of a new sheet of paper approximately 1/2-inch under the front paper clamp
(see Fig. 3b).
7. Lift up on the lever that controls the front paper clamp and lock it back into the slot on the
platen. This will securely clamp the paper to the front of the sander's cushion.
8. Smooth out the sheet of paper by pressing it tightly against the bottom of the cushion
(front to back).
9. Insert back end of paper approximately 1/2-inch under the paper clamp located at the back
of the sander.
10. Lift up on the lever that controls the paper clamp located at the back of the sander and lock it
back into the slot on the platen. This will securely clamp the paper to the back of the sander's
The sandpaper should now be positioned tightly against the cushion from front to back,
securely clamped in place.
NOTE: ALWAYS be sure that both paper clamp levers are in the locked position on
the platen and both paper clamps have the sandpaper securely clamped to the bottom
of the cushion before starting sanding operation.
NOTE: Never use the sander without paper attached to the cushion. This will cause
damage to the cushion.
up to clamp