KNOW YOUR PAD SANDER (Fig. 2)
NOTE: Before attempting to use your sander, familiarize yourself with all of the
operating features and safety requirements.
Your 1/3-sheet pad sander has a precision-built electric motor and it should be connected
to a 120-volt, 60-Hz AC ONLY power supply (normal household current). DO NOT operate
on direct current (DC). The large voltage drop will cause a loss of power and the motor
will overheat. If the sander does not operate when plugged into correct 120-volt, 60-Hz
AC ONLY outlet, check the power supply. This sander has a 8-ft., 2-wire power cord
(no adapter needed).
This Pad Sander has the following features:
1. Powerful 2.0 amp motor provides the torque, power and durability for a variety of
continuous sanding applications.
2. 12,000 orbits per minute with 1/16-in. orbit diameter matched with the correct
sandpaper grit for the surface being sanded provides fast material removal and/or a
fine, smooth finish.
3. Ergonomically designed rear handle and front assist handle with molded-in
comfort grip for maximum balance, control and gripping comfort.
4. Precision-tuned counterbalanced system reduces vibration for smooth operation
and less operator fatigue.
5. On/Off slide switch is conveniently located for easy control. Sealed to keep out
dust for long life. Lock-on for continuous sanding.
6. Live Tool Indicator green LED light comes on when sander is plugged into a power outlet.
7. Die-cast aluminum sanding base stands up to heavy-duty use.
8. Two paper clamps, one located at the front of the sander and the other at the back,
provide secure paper retention and simple, fast paper changes.
9. The cushion located on the bottom of the sander accepts standard non-adhesive
10. Uses 1/3-sheet sandpaper to provide a 25-sq. in. sanding surface.
3 sandpaper sheets included (80, 100 and 120 grit).
11. Built-in dust collection system with removable dust bag assembly. This system collects
dust from work surface through the 10 holes located in the platen and cushion on the
bottom of the sander. A paper punch template is included for accurately punching holes
in the 1/3-sheet sandpaper.
This Pad Sander has the following features cont.:
12. Vac adapter allows hook-up to wet/dry vac (sold separately)
13. High impact-resistant housing helps protect tool from damage and reduces weight
14. Permanently lubricated 100% ball bearings for smooth operation and long life.
15. Storage /Carrying Case for easy carrying and storage of sander and accessories.
12,000 OPM (Orbits Per Minute)
120 Volts, 60 Hz AC
On / Off Slide Switch