Safety (Read first)...2 Setting up the monitor ...5 Product description ...5 Handling instructions...5 Kensington security slot ...6 Workplace preparation ...7 Adjusting the monitor position...7 Working practices...8 Caring for your monitor ...8 Connecting your monitor...9 Switching on your monitor...10 Device driver installation ...11 Windows 95/98...11 Windows 2000/Me...12 Windows XP ...13...
Always observe the following precautions to reduce the risk of injury and property damage. Do not attempt to service a product yourself unless instructed to do so by the IBM Support Center. Use only an IBM authorized service provider who is approved to repair your particular product.
In addition many mobile products such as ThinkPad notebook PCs utilize a rechargeable battery pack to provide system power when in portable mode. Batteries supplied by IBM for use with your product have been tested for compatibility and should only be replaced with IBM approved parts.
Setting up the monitor Product description The IBM ThinkVision Monitor, L200p, is a TFT LCD Color Monitor. It requires a computer with a suitable on-board sub-system or Video Adapter card that can support UXGA 1600 X 1200, SXGA 1280 x 1024, XGA 1024 x 768, SVGA 800 x 600, or VGA 640 x 480 at 60Hz.
3. Before adjusting your monitor for the first time, remove the locking clip Kensington security slot This slot can be used to connect to a locking cable. Locking cables can be purchased separately at most computer stores. on rear of the stand. Carefully hold the screen of the monitor and squeeze the locking clip to remove.
3. Tilt the monitor to a comfortable viewing angle. Adjusting the monitor position Viewing angle With the IBM Flat Panel Monitor, you can adjust You can tilt the screen forward and backward as shown below in Figure A. the position in various ways for maximum comfort.
• Gently wipe the covers and the screen with a soft cloth. • Remove finger marks and grease with a damp cloth and mild detergent. • Never use flammable cleaning materials to clean your IBM monitor or any other electrical apparatus.
Connecting your monitor 1. Turn off your computer and all attached devices. Next, unplug all power Be sure to read the Safety Information located in the cords to your computer and all attached devices. Monitor Safety and Warranty Information Manual before 2.
3. Connect the power cord to the monitor and then plug the power cord into a properly grounded outlet. Next, reconnect the power cords to your computer and all attached devices. Switching on your monitor 1. Switch on your computer. 2.
9. Ensure that the CD drive letter is selected, and then select the DRIVERS folder. 10. Select IBM L200p monitor and click OK. The files will be copied from the CD to your hard disk drive. 11. Close all open windows and remove the CD.
13. Click OK. 14. Ensure that the CD drive letter is selected, and then select the 15. Select IBM L200p monitor and click OK. The files will be copied from 16. Close all open windows and remove the CD. 17. Restart the computer.
14. Ensure that the CD drive letter is selected, and then select the DRIVERS folder. 15. Select IBM L200p monitor and click OK. The files will be copied from the CD to your hard disk drive. 16. Close all open windows and remove the CD.
Automatic Image setup Image setup For digital input, image setup is not required. Before carrying out this section, it is very important that the correct monitor When you first use your monitor, you must perform Auto Setup for analog drivers have been installed. input.
Image setup for DOS If the monitor is in standby To set up the monitor automatically in DOS, do the following. mode, it may automatically turn off while you are waiting for 1. Turn on the monitor first; then turn on the computer. it to warm up.
Image setup for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows Me, or Windows XP If the monitor is in standby To set up the monitor automatically in Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows mode, it may automatically NT, Windows 2000, Windows Me, or Windows XP, do the following: turn off while you are waiting for it to warm up.
Manual Image setup If the monitor is in standby Normally, you can complete the setup procedure using Automatic Image mode, it might automatically however, if your screen image is still distorted after you perform Image setup or turn off while you are waiting the setup CD does not run on your system, perform M for it to warm up.
Adjusting your LCD monitor User controls The image is already optimized for many display modes, however the user controls can be used to adjust the image to your liking. The settings are saved after adjustment and when exiting the OSD and USER CONTROL FEATURES will be effective thereafter.
On-screen display (OSD) controls The settings adjustable with the user controls are viewed through the On - The LCD monitor needs Screen Display (OSD). Press the enter button " time to become thermally menu. stable the first time you turn it on each day.
OSD Icon The Image setup function is used to adjust the level of noise in the video signal, which causes horizontal lines Automatic or areas on the screen where the Image Setup image appears to be unstable and jitter or shimmer. This can be adjusted automatically or manually.
OSD Icon Use this button to make the analog or digital connector active. This feature is used when two computers are Input Signal connected to the monitor. The default Image setting is analog. Properties Displays the detailed information of mode, model name and microcode. Information Options The language chosen affects only the...
Further information Display modes If your computer has previously been used with a CRT monitor and is currently configured to a display mode outside the range that the Flat Panel monitor can display, you may need to re-attach the CRT monitor temporarily until you have reconfigured the computer, preferably to...
* There may be a slight delay before the picture reappears. Product disposal The fluorescent lamps in the liquid crystal display contain a small amount of mercury. Dispose of it as required by local ordinances and regulations. Partner, IBM has determined that this product ® Restoring Power...
Troubleshooting If you have a problem setting up or using your monitor, you may be able to solve it yourself. Before calling your retailer or IBM, try the suggested actions that are appropriate to your problem. Possible Problem cause No power to Screen is monitor.
Problem Screen is blank and power indicator is flashing green every 0.5 seconds "Check Signal Cable" message is shown and power indicator is steady amber. Image appears to be smeared For image problems, you Image appears may want to run Image to be discolored setup again before referring to this section.
If you are unable to correct the problem yourself, you may seek further help as follows: Call the IBM Service and Support. In other countries contact your dealer, retailer, or other IBM authorized If possible, stay by your computer. Your Technical service representative.
Service information The following parts are for use by IBM service, or IBM authorized dealers, to support the customer warranty. Parts are for service use only. 73P3794 73P3795 31P9265 31P9266 Model Type 6736 Description Video Hybrid FRU Monitor Hybrid FRU Stand...
Any reference to an IBM product, program, or service is not intended to state or imply that only that IBM product, program, or service may be used. Any functionally equivalent product, program, or service that does not infringe any IBM intellectual property right may be used instead.
Trademarks The following terms, used in this publication, are trademarks or service marks of the IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both; IBM logo ThinkPad ThinkVision and the E logo are U.S Govt. registered trademarks. NERGY NERGY Microsoft, Windows, and Windows NT are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, of both.