Download  Print this page

Grounding Installation - Frigidaire EG8021P-K1 Instruction Manual

Hide thumbs

Advertisement

Grounding Installation

DANGER
Electric Shock Hazard Touching
some of the internal components
can cause serious personal injury
or death.Do not disassemble this
appliance
.
WARNING
Electric Shock Hazard
Improper use of the grounding
can result in electric shock. Do
not plug into an outlet until
appliance is properly installed
and grounded.
Three-pronged
(grounding) plug
Properly polarised and
grounded outlet
Utensils
CAUTION
Personal Injury Hazard
Tightly-closed utensils
could explode. Closed
containers should be
opened and plastic
pouches pierced
before cooking.
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of an elec-
trical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electric
shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current.
This appliance is equipped with a cord having a grounding
wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into
an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
Consult a qualified electrician or serviceman if the ground-
ing instructions are not completely understood or if doubt
exists as to whether the appliance is properly grounded.
If it is necessary to use an extension cord, use only a 3-
wire extension cord that has a 3-pronged grounding plug,
and a 3-slot receptacle that will accept the plug on the
appliance.
1. A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the
risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping
over a longer cord.
2. Longer cord sets or extension cord is provided to
reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled
in or tripping over a longer cord.
3. If a long cord set or extension cord is used: 1)The
marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension
cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating
of the appliance. 2)The extension cord must be a
grounding-type 3-wire cord, and 3)The longer cord
should be arranged so that it will not drape over the
counter top or tabletop where it can be pulled on by
children or tripped over unintentionally.
See next page for further instructions "Materials you
can use in microwave oven or to be avoided in micro-
wave oven."There may be certain non-metallic utensils
that are not safe to use for microwaving. If in doubt,
you can test the utensil in question following the
procedure below.
Utensil Test:
1. Fill a microwave-safe container with 1 cup of cold
water (250ml) along with the utensil in question.
2. Cook on maximum power for 1 minute.
3. Carefully feel the utensil. If the empty utensil is warm,
do not use it for microwave cooking.
4. Do not exceed 1 minute cooking time.
5

Advertisement

loading