1. Faulty operator-safety presence control
to run when oper-
ator leaves seat
1. Worn, bent or loose blade.
Poor cut - uneven
2. Mower deck not level.
3. Buildup of grass, leaves, trash under mower.
4. Bent blade mandrel.
5. Clogged mower deck vent holes from
1. Obstruction in clutch mechanism.
Mower blades will
2. Worn/damaged mower drive belt.
3. Frozen idler pulley.
4. Frozen blade mandrel.
1. Engine speed too slow.
2. Travel speed too fast.
3. Wet grass.
4. Mower deck not level.
5. Low/uneven tire air pressure.
6. Worn, bent or loose blade.
7. Buildup of grass, leaves, trash under mower.
8. Mower drive belt worn.
9. Blades improperly installed.
10. Improper blades used.
11. Clogged mower deck vent holes from buildup
1. Switch is "OFF".
2. Bulb(s) or lamp(s) burned out.
3. Faulty light switch.
(if so equipped)
4. Loose or damaged wiring.
5. Blown fuse.
1. Bad battery cell(s).
Battery will not
2. Poor cable connections.
3. Faulty regulator (if so equipped).
4. Faulty alternator.
1. Freewheel control in "disengaged" position.
Loss of drive
2. Debris on steering plate (if equipped).
3. Motion drive belt worn, damaged, or broken.
4. Air trapped in transmission during
5. Axle key missing.
1. Engine throttle control not set between
fires" when turn-
ing engine "OFF"
1. Reverse operation system (ROS) is not "ON"
Engine dies when
tractor is shifted
buildup of grass, leaves, and trash around
of grass, leaves, trash around mandrels.
shipment or servicing.
half and full speed (fast) position before
while mower or other attachment is engaged.
1. Check wiring, switches and connections. If not
corrected, contact an authorized service center/
1. Replace blade. Tighten blade bolt.
2. Level mower deck.
3. Clean underside of mower housing.
4. Replace blade mandrel.
5. Clean around mandrels to open vent holes.
1. Remove obstruction.
2. Replace mower drive belt.
3. Replace idler pulley.
4. Replace blade mandrel.
1. Place throttle control in "FAST" position.
2. Shift to slower speed.
3. Allow grass to dry before mowing.
4. Level mower deck.
5. Check tires for proper air pressure.
6. Replace blade. Tighten blade bolt.
7. Clean underside of mower housing.
8. Replace mower drive belt.
9. Reinstall blades sharp edge down.
10. Replace with blades listed in parts manual.
11. Clean around mandrels to open vent holes.
1. Turn switch "ON".
2. Replace bulb(s) or lamp(s).
3. Check/replace light switch.
4. Check wiring and connections.
5. Replace fuse.
1. Replace battery.
2. Check/clean all connections.
3. Replace regulator.
4. Replace alternator.
1. Place freewheel control in "engaged" position.
2. See "CLEANING" in the maintenance section.
3. Replace motion drive belt.
4. Purge transmission.
5. Install axle key at rear wheel. See "TO REMOVE
WHEEL" in the Service and Adjustments section.
1. Move throttle control between half and full speed
(fast) position before stopping engine.
1. Turn ignition key to ROS "ON" position. See