Assembling the sweeper
1. Slide the plastic sleeve (wear protection) (A) onto the shaft
2. Fit the gearbox (C) on the tube (B). Tighten clamp screw
(D) at the gearbox. Tighten the two locking screws (E) on
3. Press one of the roller shafts (F) onto one of the two
output drive shafts from the gearbox. If necessary rotate
the roller shaft so that the hole for the pin lines up with
the corresponding hole in the drive shaft.
4. Secure the roller shaft on the drive shaft using a pin (G)
and hairpin spring (H).
5. Slide one of the sweeper rollers (I) onto the fitted tube.
The end with the extended rubber blades must be fitted
closest to the gearbox. Slide the sweeper roller on until it
touches the pin.
6. Secure the roller to the shaft using a split pin (K) (see
diagram). The split pin must be flush with the outer end
of the roller, so you may need to push on the end plate
slightly to fit it.
7. Repeat steps 1–7 to fit the shaft and roller on the other
CAUTION! The rollers are identical, but they must both
be fitted with the extended rubber blades nearest the
Assembling the loop handlebar
• Clip the loop handle onto
• Slide the spacer into the
• Fit the nut, knob and bolt.
• Now adjust the trimmer to
the tube. Note that the
loop handle must be fitted
between the arrows on the
slot in the loop handle.
Do not overtighten.
give a comfortable working
position. Tighten the bolt/