Setting the Clock
1 Plug in the unit.
The display will flash "AM 12:00" or "0:00".
2 To set the hour, while holding down
CLOCK, press TIME SET H. When the correct hour appears in the
display, release CLOCK.
3 To set the minute, while holding down CLOCK, press TIME SET M.
When the correct minute appears in the display, release CLOCK.
The clock will begin to operate when you release TIME SET M.
• The clock system varies depending on the model you own.
12-hour system: "AM 12:00" = midnight
24-hour system: "0:00" = midnight
• Each press on TIME SET H or TIME SET M advances the displayed
number by one.
• The minute digits advance to "00" after "59". The hour digits do not
advance by pressing TIME SET M.
• To adjust the time exactly to the second, set the time one minute
behind the time you want to set. Press TIME SET M simultaneouly
with the time signal.
Operating the Radio
1 Set the function selector to RADIO ON to turn on the radio and adjust
2 Select BAND and tune in a station using TUNING.
• To turn off the radio, set the function selector to OFF.
Improving the Radio Reception
FM: Extend the FM wire antenna fully to improve reception.
AM: Rotate the unit horizontally for optimum reception. A ferrite bar
antenna is built into the unit.
Do not operate the unit over a steel desk or metal surface, as this may lead
to interference of reception.
Setting the Alarm
To set the radio alarm, first tune in to a station and adjust the volume.
1 To set the hour for alarm, while holding down ALARM, press TIME
SET H. When the desired hour appears in the display, release ALARM.
2 To set the minute for alarm, while holding down ALARM, press
TIME SET M. When the desired minute appears in the display,release
3 Set the function selector to ALARM MODE • RADIO or ALARM
MODE • BUZZER.
The alarm setting will be indicated in the display.
The alarm will come on at the preset time and automatically turn itself
off after 119 minutes.
• To shut off the alarm, set the function selector to OFF.
To sound the alarm at the preset time the next day, set the function
selector to ALARM MODE • RADIO or ALARM MODE •BUZZER
• To deactivate the alarm, set the function selector to OFF.
The alarm indicator will be turned off.
• To doze a few more minutes, press SNOOZE/ SLEEP OFF.
The alarm will shut off but will come on again after about 9 minutes.
(While the snooze function is operating, the alarm indication is shown
in the display until the alarm function is deactivated.) You can use this
function as many times as you like.
• To adjust the radio alarm volume, turn VOL.
The buzzer volume is fixed.
• To check the preset time, press ALARM.
Setting the Sleep Timer
Enjoy falling asleep to the radio using the built-in sleep timer that shuts
off the radio automatically.
1 While listening to the radio, set the function selector to OFF.
2 Press SLEEP.
The radio turns on. It will go off after 59 minutes.
• To turn off the radio before the preset time, press SNOOZE/SLEEP
• Every time you press SLEEP, the sleep timer is reset to 59 minutes.
• When you set the function selector to ALARM MODE
• RADIO or ALARM MODE • BUZZER, if the preset alarm time
comes while the sleep timer is operating, the radio or buzzer sounds
depending on which you set.