The TV turns off automatically.
There is no picture/video.
The TV is not receiving all channels.
No Caption on digital channels.
The picture is distorted: macroblock,
error, small block, dots, pixelization.
Purple/green rolling horizontal bars and
buzzing noise from the TV speakers with
Component cable connection.
Plasma TV is making humming noise.
The picture will not display in full screen.
Image Retention (Burn In) Issue.
The remote control does not work.
The cable/set top box remote control
does not turn the TV on or off, or adjust
A "Mode Not Supported" message
Caption on the TV menu is greyed out.
There is a plastic smell from the TV.
TV Signal Strength is unavailable in the
Self Diagnosis Test menu.
TV is tilted to the right or left side.
• Ensure the Sleep Timer is set to Off in the Time menu.
• If your PC is connected to the TV, check your PC power settings.
• Make sure the AC power cord is plugged in securely to the wall outlet and the TV.
• When you are watching TV connected to an antenna or cable connection, the TV will turn off after 10 - 15 minutes
if there is no signal.
• Check the cable connections. (Remove and reconnect all cables connected to the TV and external devices).
• Set your external device's (Cable/Sat Box, DVD, Blu-ray etc) video outputs to match the connections to the TV
input. For example, if an external device's output is HDMI, it should be connected to an HDMI input on the TV.
• Make sure your connected devices are powered on.
• Be sure to select the TV's correct source by pressing the
• Reboot the connected device by reconnecting the device's power cable.
• Make sure the coaxial cable is connected securely.
• Please try Auto Program to add available channels to the channel list.
- Channel - Auto program then select Auto and make sure the correct Cable TV signal type is set
in the menu. There are 3 options. (STD, HRC and IRC)
• Verify the antenna is positioned correctly.
• Check the Caption Setup menu. Try changing Caption Mode Service 1 to CC1.
• Some channels may not have caption data.
• Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion. Especially on fast moving pictures such as sports
and action movies.
• A weak signal can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV problem.
• Remove the left and right audio connections from the set-top-box. If the buzzing stops, this indicates that the set-
top-box has a grounding issue. Replace the Component video cables with an HDMI connection.
• Plasma TVs typically make a soft humming sound. This is normal. It's caused by the electrical charges that are
used to create the images on the screen.
• If the humming sound is loud, you may have set the brightness on the TV too high. Try setting the brightness
• You can also have loud humming if the back of your Plasma TV is too close to a wall or other hard surface. Also,
try rerouting your connection cables.
• An improperly installed of wall mount can also create excessive noise.
• HD channels will have black bars on either side of the screen when displaying up scaled SD (4:3) contents.
• Black bars on the Top & Bottom will be shown on movies that have aspect ratios different from your TV.
• Adjust the picture size option on your external device or change the TV to full screen.
• To minimize the possibility of screen burn, this unit is equipped with Pixel Shift screen burn reduction technology.
Pixel Shift lets you set the picture so it moves slightly up and down (Vertical Line) and side to side (Horizontal Dot).
The regular, slight movement of the picture reduces screen burn in.
• Replace the remote control batteries with correct polarity (+/–).
• Clean the transmission window located on the top of the remote control.
• Try pointing the remote directly at the TV from 5~6 feet away.
• Program the Cable/Set top box remote control to operate the TV. Refer to the Cable/Set top box user manual for
the SAMSUNG TV code.
• Check the supported resolution of the TV and adjust the external device's output resolution accordingly. Refer to
resolution settings in this manual.
• You cannot select Caption in the TV menu when watching content from a device connected via HDMI or
• Caption must be activated on the external device.
• This smell is normal and will dissipate over time.
• This function is only available for digital channels from an Antenna / RF/Coax connection.
• Remove the stand base from the TV and reassemble it.
- 14 -
button on the remote control.