Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
Equipped with a 1.4x internal extender and Image
Stabilizer, the Canon EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM
Extender 1.4x is a high-performance telephoto
zoom lens, for use with EOS cameras.
"IS" stands for Image Stabilizer.
"USM" stands for Ultrasonic Motor.
1. Equipped with an internal 1.4x extender. (The
extender switch lever allows you to change the
focal distance of the lens to either 1x or 1.4x.)
2. The Image Stabilizer gives the equivalent effect
of a shutter speed four stops* faster.
Also, a third Image Stabilizer mode effective for
shooting irregularly moving subjects.
3. Use of fluorite and UD lens elements giving
4. SWC (Subwavelength Structure Coating)
reduces flare and ghosting.
5. Using a fluorine coating on the foremost and
rearmost lens surfaces allows adhered dirt to be
removed more easily than before.
6. Ultrasonic motor (USM) for fast, quiet autofocus.
7. Manual focusing is available after the subject
comes into focus in autofocus mode (ONE
8. An AF stop button to pause autofocus whenever
9. A power focus mode enables smooth focus
10. A focus preset function for advance storage
of focusing positions in memory to allow
11. Circular aperture for producing beautiful
12. Can be used with EF1.4x III/EF2x III extenders.
13. Attachment slot provided for wire-type security
lock, located under the cover for the orientation
14. Tight seal structure ensures excellent dustproof
and drip-proof performance.
15. Designed for lighter weight with parts made of
* Based on [1/focal length] second.
Generally, it requires a shutter speed [1/focal length]
second or faster to prevent camera shake.