• Children are often not aware of how dangerous
electrical appliances can be. When the machine is
working, children should be carefully supervised
and not be allowed to play with the appliance.
• The packaging components (e.g. plastic film,
polystyrene) can be dangerous to children - danger
of suffocation! Keep them out of children's reach.
• Keep all detergents in a safe place out of children's
• Make sure that children or pets do not climb into
the drum. To avoid this the machine incorporates a
special feature. To activate this device, rotate the
button (without pressing it) inside the door
clockwise until the groove is horizontal. If
necessary use a coin.
The materials marked with the symbol
This means that they can be recycled by disposing of
them properly in appropriate collection containers.
Tips for environmental protection
To save water, energy and to help protect the
environment, we recommend that you follow these
• Normally soiled laundry may be washed without
prewashing in order to save detergent, water and
time (the environment is protected too!).
• The machine works more economically if it is fully
loaded, but do not overload it (see maximum load
on page 30).
To disable this device and restore the possibility of
closing the door, rotate the button anti-clockwise until
the groove is vertical.
• When the appliance is to be scrapped, cut off the
electrical supply cable and destroy the plug with
the remaining cable. Disable the door catch in
order to prevent children from becoming trapped
inside while playing.
Use authorised disposal sites for your old appliance.
Help to keep your country tidy!
• With adequate pre-treatment, stains and limited
soiling can be removed; the laundry can then be
washed at a lower temperature, so saving energy.
• Measure out detergent according to the water
hardness, the degree of soiling and the quantity of
laundry being washed.