• Setting the Time • Using the Self Diagnosis • Using the Channel menu • Using the Sleep Timer • Updating the Software • Locking Programme • Setting the On / Off Timer • Changing the Use Mode • Other Features • Economical Solutions • Viewing the Contact Samsung • Other Features • Using the Sports Mode Basic Features • Using the Satellite System Advanced Features • Using the Wired Network • Changing the Preset Picture Mode • Adjusting Picture Settings • Using the Source List • Changing the Picture Options...
❑ Using the INFO button (Now & Next guide) The display identifies the current channel and the status of certain audio-video settings. The Now & Next guide shows daily TV programme information for each channel according to the broadcasting time. When you press the INFO button, a channel information banner will appear on the top of the screen.
❑ Memorizing channels Aerial ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Aerial Before your television can begin memorising the available channels, you must specify the type of signal source that is connected to the TV. ◀ ▶ English...
Auto Tuning ■ (depending on the country) MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Auto Tuning Automatically allocated programme numbers may not correspond to actual or desired programme numbers. If a channel is locked, the PIN input window appears. ● Auto Tuning Cable): Select the aerial source to memorise.
→ When selecting Cable Digital & Analogue, Digital Analogue – Operator Selection (depending on the country): Selects a provider of cable services. – Search Mode: Scans for all channels with active broadcast stations and stores them in the TV. If you select Quick, you can set up the Network, Network Frequency, Modulation...
● Frequency: Displays the frequency for the channel (differs in each country). ● Modulation: Displays available modulation values. ● Symbol Rate: Displays available symbol rates. ● Cable Search Option (depending on the country & cable channels only) Sets additional search options such as the frequency and symbol rate for a cable network search.
❑ Using the Channel menu MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Channel List Channel List ■ Channel List contains the channels your TV displays when you press the channel button. You can view channel information, All, TV, Radio, Data/Other, Analogue Favourites 1-5.
Channel Sorting ● Number / Name: Arranges the channel order according to channel number or name on the list. Channel Mode ● Cable: Switches to or Cable. Air / ● Edit Favourites: Set channels you watch frequently as favourites. For detailed information about using Edit Favourites, refer to “Edit...
● All: Shows all currently available channels. ● TV: Shows all currently available TV channels. ● Radio: Shows all currently radio channels. ● Data/Other: Shows all currently available MHP or other channels. ● Analogue: Shows all currently available analogue channels. ◀...
Guide ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Guide The EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) information is provided by broadcasters. Using programme schedules provided by broadcasters, you can specify programmes you want to watch in advance so that the channel automatically changes to the selected programme channel at the specified time.
Schedule Manager ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Schedule Manager You can set a desired channel to be displayed automatically at the intended time. In addition, you can view, modify or delete a channel you have reserved to watch. You must set the current time first using the →...
● Repeat: Select Once, Manual, Sat~Sun, Mon~Fri Everyday to set at your convenience. If you select Manual, you can set the day you want. The (c) mark indicates the day you’ve selected. ● Date: You can set the desired date. It is available when you select in Repeat.
Edit Channel ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Edit Channel You can edit or delete channels. 1. Go to Edit Channel screen. 2. Press the ▲/▼ buttons to select the desired channel, then press the ENTERE button. The (c) mark indicates the channel you’ve selected. You can select more than one channel.
Using the coloured and function buttons with the Edit Channel. ● (Change Number): Changes channel order on the channel list. – E (Done): Completes changing the channel order. ● Green (Lock / Unlock): Lock a channel so that the channel cannot be selected and viewed.
● Blue (Select All / Deselect All): Selects or deselects all channels at once. ● To): Goes to channel directly by pressing numbers (0~9). ● k (Page): Move to previous or next page. ● T (Tools): Displays the option menu. The option menu items that appear may differ depending on the channel status and type.
– Category: Change the channel mode to All, TV, Radio, Data/Other, Analogue, Recently Viewed, Most Viewed. The selected channel mode is displayed. – Edit Favourites: Go to Edit Favourites screen directly. – (analogue channels only): Assign a name of up to Rename channel five characters to a channel.
Edit Favourites ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Edit Favourites You can add, edit or delete favourite channels. 1. Go to Edit Favourites screen. 2. Press the ▲/▼ buttons to select the desired channel, and then press ENTERE button. 3.
Using the coloured and function buttons with the Edit Favourites. ● (Category / Change order) – Category: Changes the channel mode to All, TV, Radio, Analogue, Viewed. The selected channel Data/Other, Recently Viewed, Most mode is displayed. – Change order: Changes the favourite channel order. –...
● To): Goes to channel directly by pressing numbers (0~9). ● k (Page): Move to previous or next page. ● T (Tools): Displays the option menu. The option menu items that appear may differ depending on the channel status and type. –...
❑ Locking Programme Programme Rating Lock ■ (depending on the country) MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Programme Rating Lock Prevent unauthorized users, such as children, from watching unsuitable programme with a user-defined 4-digit PIN code. If the selected channel is locked, the “\”...
Channel Lock ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Channel Lock Lock channels in Channel menu to prevent unauthorized users, such as children, from watching unsuitable programme. Available only when the is set to TV. Source ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Other Features Channel Settings ■ MENUm → → Broadcasting Channel Settings→ ENTERE ● Country (Area) (depending on the country) The PIN input screen appears. Enter your 4 digit PIN number. Digital Channel: Change the country for digital channels. ◀ ▶...
● Manual Tuning Scans for a channel manually and stores in the TV. If a channel is locked, the PIN input window appears. According to the channel source, Manual Tuning may be supported. ● Digital Channel Tuning: Scans for a digital channel manually and stores in the TV.
● Analogue Channel Tuning: Scans for an analogue channel. Press the button to search the channels by adjusting the Programme, Colour System, Sound System, Channel, Search. Channel mode – (programme mode): When tuning is complete, the broadcasting stations in your area have been assigned to the position numbers from P0 to P99.
● Fine Tune (analogue channels only) If the signal is weak or distorted, fine tune the channel manually. Fine tuned channels are marked with an asterisk “*”. To reset the fine-tuning, select Reset. ● Transfer Channel List (depending on the country) Imports or exports the channel map.
Subtitle ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Subtitle Use this menu to set the mode. Subtitle ● Subtitle: Switches subtitles on or off. ● Subtitle Mode: Sets the subtitle mode. ● Subtitle Language: Sets the subtitle language. If the programme you are watching does not support the Hearing Impaired function,...
Audio Options ■ (digital channels only) MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Audio Options ● Audio Language Change the default value for audio languages. Primary Audio / Secondary Audio: You can set the primary or secondary audio. The available language may differ depending on the broadcast. ◀...
● Audio Format When sound is emitted from both the main speaker and the audio receiver, a sound echo may occur due to the decoding speed difference between the main speaker and the audio receiver. In this case, use the TV Speaker function.
Teletext Language ■ (depending on the country) MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Teletext Language ● Teletext Language English is the default in cases where the selected language is unavailable in the broadcast. ● Primary Teletext / Secondary Teletext Primary Teletext Secondary Teletext may not be supported in ◀...
Digital Text ■ (UK only) MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Digital Text If the programme broadcasts with digital text, this feature is enabled. MHEG (Multimedia and Hypermedia Information Coding Experts Group) An International standard for data encoding systems used in multimedia and hypermedia.
Common Interface ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Common Interface ● Menu: This enables the user to select from the CAM-provided menu. Select the CI Menu based on the menu PC Card. ● CAM video transcoding: You can configure the setting to transcode the video codec from the CAM automatically.
● Application Info: View information on the CAM inserted into the CI slot and on the “CI or CI+ CARD” which is inserted into the CAM. You can install the CAM anytime whether the TV is on or off. Purchase a CI CAM module at your nearest dealer or by phone. Firmly insert the “CI or CI+ CARD”...
❑ Changing the Preset Picture Mode Picture Mode ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Picture Mode Select your preferred picture type. When connecting a PC, you can only make changes to the Entertain Standard. ● Dynamic: Suitable for a bright room. ◀...
❑ Adjusting Picture Settings Backlight / Contrast / Brightness / Sharpness / Colour / Tint (G/R) ■ Your television has several setting options for picture quality control. NOTE ● In analogue TV, Ext., modes of the PAL system, the Tint (G/R) function is not available.
Picture Size ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Picture Size Set the various picture options such as picture size and aspect ratio. The available items may differ depending on the selected mode. Depending on the input source, the picture size options may vary. ●...
Zoom: Magnifies the 16:9 wide pictures vertically to fit the screen size. by using ▲, ▼ button. Adjusts the Zoom Position 4:3: Sets the picture to basic (4:3) mode. Do not watch in 4:3 format for a long time. Traces of borders displayed on the left, right and centre of the screen may cause image retention (screen burn) which are not covered by the warranty.
Smart View 1 : Reduces original screen by 50%. for LED 5 series : Reduces original screen by 25%. Smart View 2 for LED 5 series NOTE ● is enabled only in HDMI mode. Smart View 1 ● is enabled only in DTV and HDMI modes. Smart View 2 ●...
NOTE ● After selecting Screen Fit in HDMI (1080i / 1080p) or Component (1080i / 1080p) mode, you may need to centre the picture: 1. Select the Position. Press the ENTERE button. 2. Press the ▲, ▼, ◄ or ► button to move the picture. ●...
■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture You can watch the TV tuner and one external video source simultaneously. For example, if you have a cable box connected to the Cable In jack, you can use to watch programs from the cable box and watch a movie from a Blu-ray player attached to the HDMI In jack.
● PIP settings Main picture Sub picture Component, HDMI ● PIP: Activate or deactivate the PIP function. ● Aerial: Select either Cable as the input source for the sub-screen. ● Channel: Select the channel for the sub-screen. ● Size: Select a size for the sub-picture. ●...
❑ Changing the Picture Options Advanced Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Advanced Settings (available in Standard / Movie mode) You can adjust the detailed setting for the screen including colour and contrast. When connecting a PC, you can only make changes to the White Balance and Gamma.
● RGB Only Mode: Displays the Red, Green and Blue colour for making fine adjustments to the hue and saturation. ● Colour Space: Adjust the range of colours available to create the image. ● White Balance: Adjust the colour temperature for a more natural picture. R-Offset / G-Offset / B-Offset: Adjust each colour’s (red, green, blue) darkness.
Picture Options ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Picture Options When connecting a PC, you can only make changes to the Colour Tone. ● Colour Tone Warm1 Warm2 will be deactivated when the picture mode is Dynamic. Settings can be adjusted and stored for each external device connected to an input on the TV.
● Digital Clean View: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. When the signal is weak, try other options until the best picture is displayed.
● HDMI Black Level: Selects the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth. Available only in mode (RGB signals). HDMI ● Film Mode: Sets the TV to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture for optimum quality. Available in TV mode and external input mode which supports SD (480i / 576i) and HD (1080i) except in PC mode.
Picture Off ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Picture Off The screen is turned off but the sound remains on. Press any button except volume button to turn on the screen. Reset Picture ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Reset Picture Resets your current picture mode to its default settings.
❑ Changing the Preset Sound Mode Sound Mode ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Sound Mode ● Standard: Selects the normal sound mode. ● Music: Emphasizes music over voices. ● Movie: Provides the best sound for movies. ● Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds. Clear ◀...
❑ Adjusting Sound Settings Sound Effect ■ (standard sound mode only) MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Sound Effect ● DTS TruSurround This function provides a virtual 5.1 channel surround sound experience through a pair of speakers using HRTF (Head Related Transfer Function) technology.
● Equaliser Use Equaliser to customize sound setting for each speaker. Balance: Adjusts the balance between the right and left speaker. 100Hz / 300Hz / 1kHz / 3kHz / 10kHz (Bandwidth Adjustment): Adjusts the level of specific bandwidth frequencies. Reset: Resets the equaliser to its default settings. Speaker Select is set to External...
Speaker Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Speaker Settings ● Speaker Select A sound echo may occur due to a difference in decoding speed between the main speaker and the audio receiver. In this case, set the TV to External Speaker.
● Auto Volume To equalize the volume level on each channel, set to Normal. Night: This mode provides an improved sound experience compared to Normal mode, making almost no noise. It is useful at night. To use the volume control on the source device connected to the TV, Auto Volume on the TV.
Additional Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Additional Settings ● (digital channels only): This function allows you to reduce DTV Audio Level the disparity of a voice signal (which is one of the signals received during a digital TV broadcast) to a desired level. According to the type of broadcast signal, MPEG / HE-AAC can be...
● Digital Audio Out: Digital Audio out is used to provide digital sound, reducing interference going to speakers and various digital devices such as a DVD player. Audio Format: You can select the Digital Audio output format. The available Digital Audio output format may differ depending on the input source. By connecting to 5.1ch speakers in a Dolby Digital setup, maximize your interactive 3D sound experience.
● Dolby Digital Comp: This function minimizes signal disparity between a dolby digital signal and a voice signal (i.e. MPEG Audio, HE-AAC, ATV Sound). Select to obtain dynamic sound, and to reduce the difference Line between loud and soft sounds at night time. Line: Set the output level for signals greater or less than -31dB (reference) to either -20dB or -31dB.
❑ Selecting the Sound Mode t When you set to Dual I-II, the current sound mode is displayed on the screen. Audio Type Dual I-II Default A2 Stereo Mono Mono Automatic change ↔ Stereo Stereo Mono Dual ↔ Dual I Dual II Dual I NICAM Stereo...
❑ Executing initial setup Setup ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Setup Configure the channels and the time when setting up the TV for the first time or when resetting the unit. Execute the initial setup following instructions that the TV guides. ◀...
❑ Setting the Time Time ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Time The current time will appear every time you press the INFO button. ● Clock: Setting the clock is for using various timer features of the TV. If you disconnect the power cord, you have to set the clock again. Clock Mode: Set up the current time manually or automatically.
Clock Set: Set the Date and Time. Available only when is set to Manual. Clock Mode You can set the Date Time directly by pressing the number buttons on the remote control. Time Zone (depending on the country): Select your time zone. This function is only available when the Clock Mode is set to Auto.
❑ Using the Sleep Timer MENUm → → → → ENTERE System Time Sleep Timer ● Sleep Timer t: Automatically shuts off the TV after a preset period of time. (30, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180 minutes) Use the ▲/▼ buttons to select a period of time, and then press ENTERE.
❑ Setting the On / Off Timer MENUm → → → → ENTERE System Time On Timer <or> Off Timer ● Timer: You can set up three separate On Timer configurations. (On Timer On Timer On Timer Setup: Select Off, Once, Everyday, Mon~Fri, Mon~Sat, Sat~Sun to set at your convenience.
Source: To select the source of the content that will play when the TV turns on. You can: – Select and have the TV display a specific air or cable channel. – Select and have the TV play back photo or audio files from a USB device.
If you select a source other than or USB, you must: ● Have a cable or satellite set-top box attached to that source ● Set the set-top box to the channel you want to watch when the TV goes on ●...
Music / Photo (when the Source is set to USB): Select a folder in the USB device containing music or photo files to be played when the TV is turned on automatically. – If there is no music file on the USB device or the folder containing a music file is not selected, the timer function does not operate correctly.
– It is recommended that you use a USB memory stick and a multi card reader when using Timer. – On Timer function may not work with USB devices with a built-in battery, MP3 players, or PMPs made by some manufacturers because these devices take a long time to be recognized.
❑ Economical Solutions Eco Solution ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Eco Solution ● Energy Saving: This adjusts the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. ● Eco Sensor : To enhance your power savings; the picture for LED 5 series settings will automatically adapt to the light in the room.
● No Signal Power Off: To avoid unnecessary energy consumption, set how long you want the TV to remain on if it’s not receiving a signal. Disabled when the PC is in power saving mode. ● Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turned off when no user operation is received for 4 hours.
❑ Other Features Menu Language ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Menu Language Set the menu language. Auto Protection Time ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Auto Protection Time ● ◀ ▶ If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time defined by the user, the screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of ghost images on the screen.
General ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System General ● Mode: When connecting to a game console such as PlayStation™ or Game Xbox™, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience by selecting game mode. NOTE ● Precautions and limitations for game mode –...
Standard Sound Mode is set to Movie. ● Panel Lock: Lock or unlock all the keys on the panel. ● Logo: Display Samsung logo when the TV is turned on. Boot Change PIN ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Change PIN Change your password required to set up the TV.
DivX® Video On Demand ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System DivX® Video On Demand Shows the registration code authorized for the TV. If you connect to the DivX web site and register with 10-digit registration code, you can download the VOD activation file.
❑ Using the Source List Source List ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Applications Source List When you press the SOURCE button, Source screen will be displayed at once. You can only choose external devices that are connected to the TV. In Source, connected inputs are highlighted.
❑ Connecting a USB Device 1. Turn on your TV. 2. Connect a USB device containing photo, music and movie files to the USB port on the side of the TV. 3. When USB is connected to the TV, popup window appears. You can select the Photos, Videos Music...
It might not work properly with unlicenced multimedia files. Need-to-Know List before using Media Contents ● MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is not supported. ● Supported file systems are FAT and NTFS. ● Certain types of USB Digital camera and audio devices may not be compatible with this TV.
● Before connecting your device to the TV, please back up your files to prevent them from damage or loss of data. SAMSUNG is not responsible for any data file damage or data loss. ● The HDD (Hard Disk Drive) connected to USB is not supported.
● MP3 files with DRM that have been downloaded from a non-free site cannot be played. Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a technology that supports the creation, distribution and management of the content in an integrated and comprehensive way, including the protection of the rights and interests of the content providers, the prevention of the illegal copying of contents, as well as managing billings and settlements.
● The power-saving mode of some external hard disk drives may be released automatically when connected to the TV. ● If a USB extension cable is used, the USB device may not be recognized or the files on the device may not be read. ●...
Disconnecting a USB Device 1. Press the SOURCE button. 2. Select a desired USB device, and then press the TOOLS button. The Tools menu appears. 3. Select Disconnect USB Device, and then wait until the selected USB device is disconnected. You can remove a USB device from the TV. To remove a USB device from the TV, we recommend use Disconnect USB Device...
❑ Using the Media Contents MENUm → → → ENTERE Applications Media Play Enjoy photos, music and movie files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device. 1. Press the MEDIA.P button. 2. Press ◄/► button to select desired menu (Photos, Videos, Music), then press the ENTERE button.
Playing the selected files 1. Press the ▲ button to select Options at the top of each main screen and select Play Selected. 2. Select the desired files. The check box appears to the left of the selected files. Press ENTERE button again to deselect the file. 3.
❑ Playing the Photos / Videos / Music During playing a file, press the ▲/▼/◄/► button to select the desired menu. When the option menu is not displayed, press the TOOLS button or ENTERE button. You can also use ∂/∑/∫/π/µ buttons on the remote control during playback.
Playback menu Button Operation Photos Videos Music Previous / Next ● ● Start Slide Show / Stop Slide Show ● ● Play / Pause Mini Player* ● ● Previous / Next Mini Player* ● ● Rewind / Fast forward ◀ ▶...
Setting menu ● Photos Button Operation Slideshow Settings You can set the Speed Effects during the slide show. Zoom You can zoom into images in full screen mode. Rotate You can rotate images in full screen mode. Background Music / You can set background music when watching a slide show.
During the slide show, all files in the file list will be displayed in order. When you press the ∂ (Play) button (or ▲ button → → Options Slide Show) in the file list, slide show will be started immediately. During the slide show, you can adjust the slide show speed using π...
● Videos Button Operation Search Search Titles: You can move the other file directly. Bar: You can search the video using ◄ and ► button Search Time at one minute interval or entering the number directly. N It may not be supported depending on the input source. Repeat Mode You can play movie files repeatedly.
If video time information is unknown, play time and progress bar are not displayed. In this mode, you can enjoy movie clips contained on a Game, but you cannot play the Game itself. ● Supported Subtitle / Video Formats For the details, refer to “Specifications” in User Manual. ◀...
● Music Button Operation Repeat You can play music files repeatedly. You can play the music randomly. Shuffle Sound Mode You can adjust the sound setting. Only displays the files with supported music file extension. Other file extensions are not displayed, even if they are saved on the same USB device. If the sound is abnormal when playing music files, adjust the Equaliser in the...
Setting the Encoding language Set the encoding language if the text is not supported. 1. Press the ▲ button to select Options at the top of music main screen and select Encoding. 2. Select the desired encoding language. ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Viewing the e-Manual e-Manual ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support e-Manual You can read the introduction and instructions about the TV features stored in your TV. For the detailed information about e-Manual Screen, refer to “How to use the e-Manual”...
❑ Using the Self Diagnosis Self Diagnosis ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Self Diagnosis ● Self Diagnosis might take few seconds, this is part of the normal operation of the TV. ● Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems. ●...
● Signal Information (digital channels only): HDTV channel’s reception quality is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Adjust your aerial to increase signal strength. ● Reset: Reset all settings to the factory defaults except network settings. The PIN input screen appears before the setup screen. Enter your 4-digit PIN.
❑ Updating the Software Software Update ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Software Update Software Update menu lets you upgrade your TV’s software to the latest version. Current version: This is the software version already installed in the TV. When software is upgraded, video and audio settings you have made will return to their default settings.
– By USB: Insert a USB drive containing the firmware upgrade file, downloaded from “www.samsung.com” into the TV. Please be careful not to disconnect the power or remove the USB drive until upgrades are complete. The TV will be turned off and on automatically after completing the firmware upgrade.
❑ Changing the Use Mode Use Mode ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Use Mode Select the Use Mode suitable for your place. We strongly recommend you select Home Use. ● Home Use: Home Use is the default setting. ●...
❑ Viewing the Contact Samsung Contact Samsung ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Contact Samsung View this information when your TV does not work properly or when you want to upgrade the software. You can find information regarding our call centres, and how to download products and software.
❑ Using the Sports Mode Sports Mode ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Applications Sports Mode This mode provides optimized condition for watching sports games. When the sports mode is on, the picture and sound modes are set to Stadium automatically.
❑ Using the Satellite System for LED 5070 series For the details, you can find an additional web manual on our website "www. samsung.com". ● Auto Tuning MENUm → → → ENTERE Broadcasting Auto Tuning When Aerial Source is set to Satellite ◀...
● Manual Tuning MENUm → → → → Broadcasting Channel Settings Manual Tuning ENTERE Scan Satellite Transponder: Selects the transponder using the up/down buttons. Mode: Selects either free or all channels to store. Scan Network Search: Select to search network or not. Signal Quality: Display the current status of broadcasting signal.
● Satellite System MENUm → → → → Broadcasting Channel Settings Satellite System ENTERE The PIN input screen appears. Enter your 4 digit PIN number. Satellite System is available when Aerial is set to Satellite. Before running Auto Tuning, set Satellite System.
● Settings: Configures the outdoor equipment. It is available when LNB Power is set to On. Satellite: Selects the satellite for receiving digital broadcasts. Transponder: Selects a transponder from the list or adds a new transponder. DiSEqC Mode: Selects DiSEqC mode for the selected LNB. Lower LNB Oscillators: Sets the LNB oscillators to a lower frequency.
● SatCR/Unicable Settings: Configure single cable installation. SatCR is short for satellite channel router. This function may not support depending on the country. SatCR/Unicable: Enables or disable single cable installation support. ● Positioner Settings: Configures the aerial positioner. It is available when LNB Power is set to On.
User Mode: Sets the position of satellite aerial according to each satellite. If you store the current position of satellite aerial according to a certain satellite, when the signal of that satellite is needed, the satellite aerial can be moved to pre-populated position. –...
– Go To Stored Position: Rotates the aerial to the stored satellite position. – Aerial Position: Adjusts and stores the aerial position for the selected satellite. – Position: Stores current position as the selected Store Current positioner limit. – Signal Quality: Display the current status of broadcasting signal.
Installer Mode: Sets limits to the scope of movement of satellite aerial or reset the position. Generally, installation guide uses this function. – Position: Selects the direction of the positioner Limit. Limit – Aerial Position: Adjusts and stores the aerial position for the selected satellite.
❑ Using the Wired Network (UK only) for LED 5 series ■ Wired Network Connection You can attach your TV to your LAN using cable in three ways: ● Connecting the LAN port on your TV to an external modem ●...
● If your network requires a Dynamic IP address, you should use an ADSL modem or router that supports Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Modems and routers that support DHCP automatically provide the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values your TV needs to access the Internet so you do not have to enter them manually.
■ Network Setup Use the Automatic Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that supports DHCP. To set up your TV’s cable network connection automatically, follow these steps: 1. Go to Network Status screen. → (Network Network Status) 2.
If you cannot find network connection values or if you want to set connection manually: Select the IP Settings Network Status screen. When it fails to connect the network automatically, the IP Settings available to select. IP setting Enter manually. Move to each field using ▲/▼/◄/►...
The check list for wired network connection failure When wired network connection failed, try to apply the following information to each issue. Issues Solutions and Explanations No network cable • Check that your network cable is plugged in. found. • If it is connected, make sure that the router is turned on; if it is on, try turning it off and on again.
Issues Solutions and Explanations Unable to connect to the • Check if your IP address is set correctly in Settings. network. • Contact your Internet Service Provider for more information. Connected to your local • Check your Internet LAN cable is connected correctly to LAN port of network, but cannot router.
The internet connection may fail because of a firewall problem. If this is the case, contact your Internet service provider. If you cannot connect to the Internet even after you have followed the procedures of your Internet service provider, please contact Samsung Electronics. English...