Do not store or place laundry products
on top of washer at any time. They can
damage the finish or controls.
Do not use or mix
liquid chlorine bleach with other
household chemicals such as toilet
cleaners, rust removers, acid or
products containing ammonia. These
mixtures can produce dangerous
fumes which can cause serious injury
6. Set cycle selector knob and washer controls according to type, size, and
soil level of each load.
(See Operating Instructions for your specific model controls.)
7. Start the washer.
Close the washer door and pull out the cycle selector knob. For your safety, the
door will automatically lock during the entire wash cycle. The Door Lock
indicator light will remain lit until the cycle ends.
Washer will fill and tumble.
To stop the washer, push in the cycle selector knob.
To open the door during tumbling, push in the cycle selector knob. Wait for
the water to run off of the door.
To change a cycle, push in the cycle selector knob and turn it clockwise to
the desired setting. Pull out the knob to restart the washer.
To open the door during a spin cycle, push in the cycle selector knob. The
Door Lock indicator light will turn off. Wait 1-2 minutes for the lock to
release. The door can then be opened. Do not force open the locked door.
8. Remove items when the cycle is completed.
Place washed items in automatic dryer, line dry, or dry flat as directed by fabric
care label. Excess wrinkling, color transfer or odors may develop in items left in
the washer after the cycle has ended.
9. General Precautions
• Dispenser drawer should be closed completely during operation.
• Do not slam the washer door closed or try to force the door open when
locked (Door Lock light ON). This could result in damage to the washer.
• DO NOT leave the washer door open. An open door could entice children
to hang on the door or crawl inside the washer.
• To avoid damaging the washer and personal injury, DO NOT hang on or lean
against the washer door.
• Do not place detergent, bleach or fabric softener containers on top of the
washer. They can damage the finish or controls.
Safe Stain Removal Procedures
To reduce the risk of fire or serious injury to persons or property,
comply with the basic warnings listed below:
• Read and comply with all instructions on stain removal products.
• Keep stain removal products in their original labeled containers and out of
• Thoroughly wash any utensil used.
• Do not combine stain removal products, especially ammonia and chlorine
bleach. Dangerous fumes may result.
• Never wash items which have been previously cleaned in, washed in, soaked
in or spotted with gasoline, dry cleaning solvents or other flammable or
explosive substances because they give off vapors that could ignite or
• Never use highly flammable solvents, such as gasoline, inside the home.
Vapors can explode on contact with flames or sparks.
As an ENERGY STAR
Sears Kenmore has determined
that this product meets the ENERGY STAR
guidelines for energy efficiency.