About USB device
Notes on use of the USB device
This unit can play audio fi les stored in the fl ash
memory and digital audio player that have a USB port
(these devices are referred to as USB devices in this
The following restrictions are placed on the types and
usage of available USB devices:
Available USB devices
• USB devices belonging to the USB mass storage class.
• USB devices whose maximum current consumption is 500
mA or less.
• USB Mass Storage Class : USB devices that the PC can
recognize as an external storage without using any special
driver or application software.
• Contact the sales agent as to whether your USB device
conforms to the USB mass storage class specs.
• Using an unsupported USB device can result in abnormal
playback or display of the audio file.
Even if you use the USB device conforming to the above
specs, audio files cannot be played normally depending on
the type or condition of the USB device.
• iPod nano (6th generation)
• iPod nano (5th generation)
• iPod nano (4th generation)
• iPod nano (3rd generation)
• iPod nano (2nd generation)
• iPod classic
• iPod touch (4th generation)
• iPod touch (3rd generation)
• iPod touch (2nd generation)
• iPod touch (1st generation)
• iPhone 4
• iPhone 3GS
• iPhone 3G
• Be sure to update the software of your iPod/iPhone to the
• The iPod/iPhone cannot be connected together with its
accessories such as the cover or case. Be sure to remove any
accessories before connecting the iPod/iPhone.
• When the iPod/iPhone is detached from the iPod dock, the TV
Out setting of the iPod/iPhone may sometimes be set to On.
Check this setting if the iPod/iPhone cannot display video.
Hold a CD taking care not to touch the played surface. (The side
without the printed label is the playback side.)
Discs playable on the system
This system can play back a CD, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW or the
audio part of a CD-EXTRA disc.
Notes on CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW discs
If the CD-ROM, CD-R or CD-RW disc in use has a printable label
surface, the disc may be unable to be taken out of the system
due to sticking of the label surface. To prevent malfunction of
the system, do not use such a disc.
Cautions on CD discs
Always use a CD carrying the
A disc without this marking may be unable to be played back
The disc rotates at a high speed during playback. Never use a
cracked, chipped or greatly warped disc. Otherwise, damage or
malfunction of the player may result.
Also, do not use a disc with a non-circular shape as this may
result in malfunction.
About SD card
Available SD card
• SD, SDHC, mimi SD, micro SD/SDHC card
• An SD card of 512 MB to 32 GB can be used.
SD card (Write protect switch)
The SD card a switch for inhibiting data write in it. Set the switch
to "LOCK" when you want to protect the written data. Set the
switch to the unlock position before starting recording.
• A special adapter is required for using a mini SD/micro SD
• A multimedia card (MMC) cannot be used.
To control a Kenwood digital audio player from the
main unit or remote control unit, the Kenwood digital
audio player connection cable is necessary.
Usable Kenwood digital audio player models
HDD audio player
Memory audio player/recorder