Operation Guide 5165
World Time digitally displays the current time in one of
48 cities (29 time zones) around the world. A simple
World Time City
operation swaps your Home City with the currently
selected World Time City.
• The times kept in the World Time Mode are
synchronized with the time being kept in the
Timekeeping Mode. If you feel that there is an error in
any World Time Mode time, check to make sure you
have the correct city selected as your Home City. Also
check to make sure that the current time as shown in
the Timekeeping Mode is correct.
• Times in the World Time Mode are based on UTC
offsets. See the "City Code Table" for information about
the UTC offsets that are supported.
• All of the operations in this section are performed in the World Time Mode, which
you enter by pressing C.
To view the current time in another time zone
In the World Time Mode, use D to scroll through available city codes (time zones).
Holding down the button scrolls at high speed.
• The lower right display shows the current time in the World Time City.
• Between the noon and midnight in the World Time Mode, a PM indicator (P) appears
above the hour digits in the lower right display.
• When the city code (time zone) you want is selected, you can press A to display
the date. After about one second, the watch will resume regular timekeeping for the
currently selected city.
Hour : Minutes
To toggle a city code time between Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time
1. In the World Time Mode, press D to display the city
code (time zone) whose Standard Time/Daylight Saving
Time setting you want to change.
2. Hold down A for about three seconds to toggle
between Daylight Saving Time ( DST indicator
displayed) and Standard Time ( DST indicator not
• The DST indicator is displayed while Daylight Saving
Time is turned on.
• You can turn on DST individually for each city code,
• Turning on DST for the city code that is currently
selected as your Home City will turn on DST for normal
Swapping your Home City and World Time City
You can use the procedure below to swap your Home City and World Time City. This
changes your Home City to your World Time City, and your World Time City to your
Home City. This capability can come in handy when you frequently travel between two
cities in different time zones.
To swap your Home City and World Time City
1. In the World Time Mode, use D to select the World Time City you want.
2. Hold down A and B until the watch beeps.
• This will make the World Time City you selected in step 1 your Home City, and cause
the hour and minute hands to move to the current time in that city. At the same time,
it will change the Home City you had selected prior to step 2 your World Time City,
and cause the content of lower right display to change accordingly.
• After swapping the Home City and World Time City, the watch stays in the World
Time Mode with the city that was selected as the Home City prior to step 2 now
displayed as the World Time City.
When an alarm is turned on, the alarm tone will sound
when its alarm time is reached. One of the alarms is a
snooze alarm, while the other four are daily alarms.
You also can turn on an Hourly Time Signal that causes
the watch to beep twice every hour on the hour.
• There are five alarm screens numbered
screen indicated by
screen is indicated by
• All of the operations in this section are performed in the
Alarm Mode, which you enter by pressing C.
(Hour : Minutes)
To set an alarm time
1. In the Alarm Mode, use D to scroll through the alarm
screens until the one whose time you want to set is
• To set a daily alarm, display alarm screen
is the hourly time signal setting.
• The snooze alarm repeats every five minutes.
2. After you select an alarm, hold down A for about three seconds until the hour
setting of the alarm time starts to flash. This is the setting mode.
• This operation turns on the alarm automatically.
3. Press C to move the flashing between the hour and minute settings.
4. While a setting is flashing, use D (+) and B (–) to change it.
5. Press A to exit the setting mode.
for the daily alarm, and a snooze alarm
. The Hourly Time Signal
. To set the snooze alarm,
The alarm tone sounds at the preset time for 10 seconds, regardless of the mode the
watch is in. In the case of the snooze alarm, the alarm operation is performed a total
of seven times, every five minutes, or until you turn the alarm off.
• Alarm and Hourly Time Signal operations are performed in accordance with the
current time in your Home City, as kept in the Timekeeping Mode.
• To stop the alarm tone after it starts to sound, press any button.
• Performing any one of the following operations during a 5-minute interval between
snooze alarms cancels the current snooze alarm operation.
Displaying the Timekeeping Mode setting screen
To turn an alarm on and off
1. In the Alarm Mode, use D to select an alarm.
Snooze alarm indicator
2. Press A to toggle it on and off.
• Turning on a alarm (
) displays the alarm on indicator on its Alarm
• In all modes, the alarm on indicator is shown for any
alarm that currently is turned on.
• The alarm on indicator flashes while the alarm is
• The snooze alarm indicator flashes while the snooze
alarm is sounding and during the 5-minute intervals
To turn the Hourly Time Signal on and off
1. In the Alarm Mode, use D to select the Hourly Time
Hourly time signal
2. Press A to toggle it on and off.
• The Hourly Time Signal on indicator is shown on the
display in all modes while this function is turned on.
An LED (light-emitting diode) illuminates the face of the
watch for easy reading in the dark.
• See "Illumination Precautions" for other important
information about using illumination.
To illuminate the display
In any mode (except a setting mode), press B to turn on
• You can use the procedure below to select either 1.5
seconds or 3 seconds as the illumination duration. When
you press B, the illumination will remain on for about
1.5 seconds or 3 seconds, depending on the current
illumination duration setting.
To specify the illumination duration
1. In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down A until the
display contents start to flash. This is the setting screen.
2. Press C nine times to display the current illumination
duration LT1 or LT3.
3. Press D to toggle the setting between LT1 (1.5
seconds) and LT3 (three seconds).
4. Press A to exit the setting screen.
• Always make sure you are in a safe place whenever you are reading the
display of the watch. Be especially careful when running or engaged in any
other activity that can result in accident or injury. Also take care that sudden
illumination does not startle or distract others around you.
• Sudden and unintended light can create a distraction, which can result in a
traffic accident and serious personal injury.
Hand Home Position Correction
The speed hand and hour and minute hands of the watch can be thrown off by
exposure to strong magnetism or impact. The watch is designed to correct speed,
hour and minute hand manually.
To adjust home positions
1. In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down D for about three
seconds until H-SET (
display and Sub (
• This is the home position adjustment mode.
2. Check the position of the speed hand.
• The speed hand is in the correct home position if it is
pointed at 50 (12 o'clock). If it isn't, use D to move
the hand clockwise until it is.
• After confirming that the speed hand is in its correct
home position, press C.
Correct speed hand
3. Check the positions of the hour and minute hands.
• The hands are in the correct home positions if they
are pointed at 12 o'clock. If they aren't, use D
Hour and minute hands
(clockwise) and B (counterclockwise) to adjust their
4. When everything is the way you want, press A to
return to regular timekeeping.
• This will cause the hour and minute hands to move to
the current Timekeeping Mode time and the speed hand
to move to the 0 position.
• Pressing C here will return to the setting at the
beginning of step 2.
Correct hour and
) appears in the upper right
) appears in the lower right