• Keep the parts in protective packages until they are inserted into the product.
• Avoid contact with other people while handling the part.
• Wear a grounded wrist strap against your skin to eliminate static on your body.
• Prevent the part from touching your clothing. Most clothing is insulative and retains a charge even when
you are wearing a wrist strap.
• Use the black side of a grounded work mat to provide a static-free work surface. The mat is especially
useful when handling ESD-sensitive devices.
• Select a grounding system, such as those listed below, to provide protection that meets the specific
Note: The use of a grounding system is desirable but not required to protect against ESD damage.
– Attach the ESD ground clip to any frame ground, ground braid, or green-wire ground.
– Use an ESD common ground or reference point when working on a double-insulated or
battery-operated system. You can use coax or connector-outside shells on these systems.
– Use the round ground-prong of the AC plug on AC-operated computers.
Electrical grounding of the computer is required for operator safety and correct system function. Proper
grounding of the electrical outlet can be verified by a certified electrician.
The CAUTION and DANGER safety notices in this section are provided in the language of English.
Electrical current from power, telephone and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
• Do not connect or disconnect any cables or perform installation, maintenance, or reconfiguration
of this product during an electrical storm.
• Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet.
• Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to a properly wired outlet.
• When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
• Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
• Disconnect the attached power cords, telecommunications cables, network cables, and modem
cables before you open the device covers, unless instructed otherwise in the installation and
• Connect and disconnect cables as described in the following table when installing, moving, or
opening covers on this product or attached devices.
IdeaCentre B340Hardware Maintenance Manual