18) If an outside antenna or cable system is connected to the unit, be sure he
antenna or cable system is gounded to provide some protection against
voltage surges and built-up static charges, Section 810 of the National
Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, provides information with respect to
proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the
lead-in wire to an antenna discharge unit, size of grounding conductors,
location of antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes,
and requirements for the grounding electrode.
19) When replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician uses
replacement parts specified by the manufacturer or those that have the
same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitutions may
result in fire, electric shock, or other hazards.
20) Upon completion of any service or repairs to this unit, ask the service
technician to perform safety checks to determine that the unit is in proper
21) When you connect the product to other equipment, turn off the power and
unplug all of the equipment from the wall outlet. Failure to do so may
Important Safety Information
cause an electric shock and serious personal injury. Read the owner's
manual of the other equipment carefully and follow the instructions when
making any connections.
22) Sudden high volume sound may cause hearing or speaker damage. When
you use headphones (if the unit is equipped with a headphone jack), keep
the volume at a moderate level. If you use headphones continuously with
high volume sound, it may be cause speaker overheating and fire.
23) Do not allow the product to output distorted sound for an extended period
of time. It may cause speaker overheating and fire.
24) This reminder is provided to call the cable TV system installer's attention to
Article 820-40 of the NEC that provides guidelines for proper grounding
and, in particular, specifies that the cable ground shall be connected to the
grounding system of the building, as close to the point of cable entry as
25) The socket outlet must be installed near the unit and easily accessible.