When using electric appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including
1. Read all instructions.
2. To protect against risk of electrical
shock, do not put cord, plug, base, or
motor in water or other liquid.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
4. Unplug cord from outlet when not in
use, before putting on or taking off parts,
and before cleaning.
5. Avoid contact with moving parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug, or after the
appliance malfunctions or is dropped
or damaged in any manner. Call our
toll-free customer assistance number
for information on examination, repair
or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
7. The use of attachments, including
canning jars, not recommended or sold
by the appliance manufacturer may
cause a risk of injury to persons.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of
table or counter, or touch hot surfaces,
including the stove.
10. Keep hands and utensils out of jar while
blending to reduce the risk of severe
personal injury and/or damage to
blender. A rubber spatula may be used
but must be used only when blender is
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household
This appliance is equipped with a polarized
plug. This type of plug has one blade wider
than the other. The plug will fit into an
electrical outlet only one way. This is a
safety feature intended to help reduce the
11. Blades are sharp; handle carefully.
12. Do not use a broken, chipped, or
cracked blender jar.
13. Do not use broken, cracked, or loose
14. To reduce the risk of injury, never
place cutting blades on base without jar
15. Always operate blender with lid in place.
16. When blending hot liquids, remove
center piece of two-piece lid. Do not fill
blender jar beyond the 3-cup level.
Always begin processing at the lowest
speed setting. Keep hands and other
exposed skin away from the cover open-
ing to reduce the risk of possible burns.
17. Screw on jar retaining ring firmly. Injury
can result if moving blades accidentally
18. If the jar should turn when the motor
is running, turn OFF immediately and
tighten jar in threaded retaining ring.
19. Do not leave blender unattended while
it is operating.
20. To disconnect cord, turn the control to
OFF. Then remove plug from wall outlet.
21. Do not use appliance for other than
risk of electrical shock. If you are unable to
insert the plug into the outlet, try reversing
the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit,
contact a qualified electrician to replace the
obsolete outlet. Do not attempt to defeat the
safety purpose of the polarized plug by
modifying the plug in any way.